• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What all do I need to fix the door?

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
At the red "A" is where the rod is snapped

I've pulled on "B" and "C" rods and can't get them to pull and unlock the door. The door lock knob isn't fully up so I know it's still in the locked position. Where can I manipulate something so that it might unlock?

Attachments

• doorcrap.jpg
    doorcrap.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 59

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
It sounds like your latch is jammed. The same thing happens if you press the handle button in halfway and try to unlock the door by pulling the lock button up. It won't pull up.

Reach up in the door and find the vertical rod that goes from the outside handle button to the latch. Pull up on it and the lock button at the same time.

The shop manual mentions that the handle button cannot be preloaded or it will cause exactly this....

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
I'll try that first thing in the morning. Thanks

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
I had a Bronco brother from Denver come over today (he was at a baby shower I attended this afternoon). He got all up in my door's business and could not get the locking mechanism itself to disengage the lock. All the rods and levers are either stuck or moving freely without engaging anything. So he said the mechanism had to be damaged internally.

AND NOW the passenger side door won't open unless you open it from the inside of the Bronco. Which mean to take it anywhere I'd have to crawl in through the back. FML I have to take it into the shop now.

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru

Attachments

• e888c021655828b5b6303bf90fb9b7f2861423d9c1aa33411bbd7e3c7f5b4b92.jpg
    e888c021655828b5b6303bf90fb9b7f2861423d9c1aa33411bbd7e3c7f5b4b92.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 25
OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
I'm going to have to learn how to jump and slide into the Bronco all Dukes of Hazzard style.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
While you can still open the passengers door take it apart n clean it up lube it n study all the mechanisms on how it all works the go to work on driver door .

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
I took apart the passenger side door and still couldn't figure out how to open the driver's side door. The mechanism on the passenger side worked and I could manipulate it to open...but doing the same thing on the driver's side produced no results.

Some well meaning friends dented the door trying to help get it open. Fortunately I was able to pop the dent out from inside the door panel. I feel like we're just a bunch of monkeys looking at a football.

So I once again tried to fix something and failed. I'm taking it by the shop who's worked on it before and enlisting professional help.

Thanks everyone for the continuous help.