• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MS what am i missing here?

NashBronco

Loc.
Flowood, MS
I would certainly want to ask about rust issues. It many pictures of the usual places. The engine bay is painted “uniquely” as the inner fenders have black paint in the usual rust places, instead of yellow like the rest of the fenders. May be something to ask about. I would certainly want to see more of the undercarriage. Not trying to just point out the bad. Looks like a good Bronco if nothing is hidden.

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
No pics underneath the truck. missing hood bumper & screws for the headliner - little things I know but if I'm dropping that kind of money on a Bronco I would see it & crawl all over it in person.

Hotrodjohn

You need more information and pics. When looking at any early Bronco I would want to see the frame VIN and glovebox tag and make sure they match each other and the title. This looks to be a 75 base model with single tank and no factory radio. The dash hasn't been hacked for a radio as they added one to the bottom. As far as originality, I don't think that is an original 1975 color (the glovebox tag would have original paint code on it) and Ford didn't have black seats like that and a base model didn't come with carpet or the Ranger panels in back. More detailed pics of the whole Bronco including the underside would be helpful to see its condition. With any early Bronco you really need to know about all the usual places that are prone to rust. A few easily fixable things I did notice are that the visors and the fan shroud are missing as well as the heater control valve is bypassed. There are so many things that could be expensive to fix that you just cannot tell with the limited pics and many times you cant really see in pics. You really have to know what to look for to make an informed decision. I would try to have someone on here look at in person.

mebco09

Starting bid too high. Looks like a project that the owner ran out of steam at the end. Lots of wife says: "just get it done" trucks out there. I have one.

Pictures appear to "hide" problem areas. (Inner fenders, door jambs)

mebco09

If you have $35k to spend, buy the orange Ranger on the forum for $37k. At least it's not a dealers rig and you can probably talk to someone who knows something.

Timstrk

I like the bucking ponies below the Bronco fender badges. Special touch. All the yellow sheet metal in the engine bay looks perfect. Like new perfect. Not just missing the headliners screws but the front portion of the headliner. Closer look needed for sure.

brnco_luvr

Loc.
San Diego
No PS, no PB, requested add'l pix but hasn't been sent yet. Dealer reports "no rust". Needs a careful exam.

OP
OP
A

aucory

Loc.
Mobile, AL
Thanks for the replies. It didn't sell on ebay, and it is one of the few decent ones within reasonable driving distance so I might take a little trip to go check it out.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Thanks for the replies. It didn't sell on ebay, and it is one of the few decent ones within reasonable driving distance so I might take a little trip to go check it out.

Nice to get out and just get a feel on pricing, condition, etc....

Eoth

Bronco Guru
35K is a lot of money to spend based on those pics and a salesman's description. .. Might be good but cant tell from that. Reading the description phrases of "complete restoration" and "like new" makes my "BS" detector goes off.. You can obviously see a mix of new paint, old wiring, and used parts. Looks like a "flip job" to me. Again, MIGHT be a good vehicle but you wont know unless you check it out in person...