• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What Brake Booster is This?

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
The pic looks like a mustang 2 booster. The wh booster says stock replacement. If it's an oem eb booster it's bigger and would require inner fender
Modification.

OP
OP
N

NJBronk

Contributor
The pic looks like a mustang 2 booster. The wh booster says stock replacement. If it's an oem eb booster it's bigger and would require inner fender
Modification.
Thanks, should it have a part number on it somewhere? How do I find a like-for-like replacement? I'm hoping to avoid disconnecting the brake lines at the master cylinder and just move it aside and replace the booster...

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
The early "no fender mods kits" came from bcbroncos and used i think a 78 mustang 2 booster. I think availability became an issue on the booster so they switched to the gm style you see on the kits now.

OP
OP
N

NJBronk

Contributor
Ok, the PO had bought a few things from Tom's that I'm aware of, and it looks like the Tom's kit, so I will probably try the replacement 8" booster after taking some measurements and confirming.

jeffncs

Contributor
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
It may be a 7” brake booster. I have been working with these guys to resolve a different brake fitment issue at the linked website and they’ve been awesome.

This link will connect you to their 7” booster page. They offer the stock 8” booster along with a host of other brake parts and power conversions at very fair prices.

https://piratejack.net/power-brake-boosters/7-boosters/