• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

what clutch to buy

nobodysfool

Loc.
wheatfield,new york
looking at one from napa it is new not remanufactured. made by prescion the kit is 165.00$.anyone use these just wondering good or bad?

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 34

gpete

looking at one from napa it is new not remanufactured. made by prescion the kit is 165.00$.anyone use these just wondering good or bad?
For 289.302,351 centerforce II, Luk are good clutches for my application with my 4bt cummins i am going with the South Bend clutch single disc

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
LUK all the way. DONT BUY THE ONE FROM NAPA!!!! I had one in my 67 from napa and it was junk. I had to replace it after very few miles. Get a LUK from JBG!

GrillMaster

Bronco Guru
RAM was suggested from the Cleveland guys on another forum. I installed but have yet to use. I have heard mixed reviews about centerforce.

shamu

Lucky as the day is long.
Loc.
Sachse,Tx
If you get the center force clutch read the directions about cutting the inside opening so that you do not get clutch failure in the future.

bluebronco69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Damascas, OR
got the luk 11 finger kit from BC. everything you need is in the kit, pilot bearing (or bushing) pressure plate, clutch disc, alignment tool.
good price too...

im really happy with it.

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
I got a centerforce II and the pressure plate failed (Split in half ) with maybe 1200 mies on it. Sent it back and they did replace it for free. The only problem is it took weeks to get it replaced so I bought a LUK locally and it has worked great. I have nothing against Centerforce but if I was to do it over I would have saved myself some money and just gone with the LUK to start with. There is a photo of my broken centerforce in my gallery.