• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What do you do for a jack?

rekoj71

I have 33s on 15" rims and when I had a completely flat tire I had a hard time getting my bottle jack to fit under the axle as it was just a bit to tall, and then when I did, it didn't have enough ram to lift the tire high enough to be able to put the new, inflated tire on. I used my hi-lift then, but now I keep an RV type scissor jack that will flatten to about 5 inches and raise to about 2 feet. It only has a 5K capacity but that's plenty to pick one corner of the Bronco up. It's quicker and more stable than my hi-lift. I have mine strapped to my roll bar.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Here on the farm we consider those High Lifts as just to dangerous. So I do have a Half Cab and I USE one of those little HDY Jacks from Walmart that is a bout a 1 1/2 or 2 ton These come in a plastic box. I strap it down on top of one of the rear fenders. Also being said that I'm on my farm I also always carry a 20 ton Bottle. It usually just rattles around in that little gap behind the read fender. Along with a 20 ft chain. AND I always have 2x6 blocks.

nickgp

Bronco Guru
Whatever jack you decide to use make sure it is securely fastened down. Under a seat or wedged in somewhere won't cut it in a rollover or accident.