• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

what gas tank for efi?

slcpunk

Loc.
The WB, UTAH
I am trying to find out what gas tank I should use for my bronco that will have an efi 5.8. I will not take it off road and dont need a ton of range but I would like to have an efi tank so I can have all the right lines going to the tank without modification. I am just seeing if any of you guys have found a good donor car or something so I can try and keep this on the dl and put my money elsewhere.

Thanks guys and as always it is a pleasure picking your brains.
Chadwick

rulebreaker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Manton MI
I am trying to find out what gas tank I should use for my bronco that will have an efi 5.8. I will not take it off road and dont need a ton of range but I would like to have an efi tank so I can have all the right lines going to the tank without modification. I am just seeing if any of you guys have found a good donor car or something so I can try and keep this on the dl and put my money elsewhere.

Thanks guys and as always it is a pleasure picking your brains.
Chadwick

I have been picking through junk yards for 2 years looking for a cheap and easy EFI donor. The frame rails on a Bronco are just too close together. RB

scsm76

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Shaver Lake, CA
It would be a lot less hassle to modify a bronco tank then finding and installing one form a newer vehicle if you can find one to fit.
It is real easy to pull out the sending unit drill a hole and solder or braze in a return tube. You don't even have to remove the tank.

Attachments

• IMG_1996 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1996 (Medium).JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 45
OP
OP
slcpunk

slcpunk

Loc.
The WB, UTAH
the money thing is my only concern plus I dont think that range is a big deal to me. After all I am building a pavement punder(I know I know)

jurob

Loc.
Virginia Beach, Va
sump stock tank use the carb feed as return. run a single walbro 255 inline pump with 8 an fittings. 8an to stock rail using russell 8an adapter. 6an russell adaptor from return rail to stock carb pickup with 6an. filter before and after pump.