• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have total strangers offer you for your Bronco?

Evian

Loc.
Algonquin/IL
You have all experienced this I hope. You are at a gas station minding your own business when out of no where some guy you don't know offers to buy your Bronco AKA "Jeep". It happens to me every time. I have gotten silly offers (basically what I put into restoring it). One guy offered to trade in his wife for the Bronco. I refused because I don't have a big enough refrigerator to feed that woman :D How about you guys?

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Been offered 15K for it on 3 separate occasions, And one that I thought about for a minute, guy wanted to trade me a Military Hummer "even Up".

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Absolutely nothing. Never been offered a penny for it. Having said that, it hasn't seen the pavement for 10 years but she is gonna strech her legs soon I hope. ;D

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Been offered 15K for it on 3 separate occasions, And one that I thought about for a minute, guy wanted to trade me a Military Hummer "even Up".

How about 15K and a hummer? I bet you would take that.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I have gotten silly offers (basically what I put into restoring it). One guy offered to trade in his wife for the Bronco. I refused because I don't have a big enough refrigerator to feed that woman :D

LMAO, HILARIOUS!!!

No offers here, as of yet

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Had a guy say name your price on my 71 and the guy hadnt even seen it. I told him I really wasnt looking to sell but he insisted on a price. Well I gave him one of $8K which is almost 3 times what I paid for it. He thought my price was inline kinda glad he didnt have the money at that moment.
Was offered 10K for my 73 many years ago before broncos were popular(late 80's) and have had many notes left on my 73 as well asking if I'd sell but no offers with those notes.

cap35b

Loc.
Tucson Az
So far a 74 pinto, 2009 custom harly, a porsch 928 s, Oh yea the guy with the 74 pinto wasnt sure he really wanted to part with it.
%)

NC-Fordguy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bethel/Greenville NC
I had a guy come up to me at a burger joint asking me how much I was going to sell my bronco to him for. Got to talking, saying I had $500 in a re-gear, a grand in traction devices, $500 in driveshafts, $500 for this that and the other thing adding things up in my head, and finally tell him 12(meaning 12k).

He says I'll go to the bank and get that right now. I go inside, order my lunch not thinking any more of it. The guy comes in with money in hand--$1200.00. I tell him 12k as in $12000.00.

The guy says I thought $1200.00 was too good of a deal to pass up on.

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Back in the late eighties. A guy followed me into the parking lot where I work. He looked over my 73 and insisted I sell it to him. I had only purchased the 73, 3-4 weeks earlier for $2200. Not thinking he was that serious. I gave him a price of $5500. He quickly replied, I'll take it! He drove it away the next afternoon. Thanks to my good fortune! I was able to pick up a much better 77, a few weeks later.;D;D

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Man, I'm meeting the wrong people. I had a pretty nice '74 for sale once. Listed for $8,000obo on the for sale sign. A redneck tooth missing woman rang my doorbell and offered me $1,200 cash. Yeah, let me think about that one for all of half a second %)

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Man, I'm meeting the wrong people. I had a pretty nice '74 for sale once. Listed for $8,000obo on the for sale sign. A redneck tooth missing woman rang my doorbell and offered me $1,200 cash. Yeah, let me think about that one for all of half a second %)

Dont tell me you married her.:eek: