• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

what is biggest tire for uncut fender and 3.5" Lift?

randall

i think hes right about that size, but if you arnt scared to hack some metal you can fit alot of tire with that lift, im about to go to a 37x12.50 with mine, though im making new fender wells in the rear and taking them out in the the front, but I dont mind, i would rather keep my center of gravity low.

GRIZZLY

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lakewood, CA
I always thought it would be easier and clean looking to cut inner fenders out of a pickup bed and weld them in to take the place of the rear wells. Aluminum or sheet metal tubs don't have much strength. Has anyone tried this?<br>

TahoeBRONCO

Loc.
N.Tahoe C.A
Picking your largest tire will totally depend on your <br>wheel size and it's offset .<br>The offset will determine if your tire will tuck under the fenders.<br>I'm pretty sure I'll fit 31x10.5 on a stock rig,with non-standard offset rims.<br>measure till your sure,also lock to lock on the front.<br>

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
33x9.5 is it, unless you do some metal stretching work on the rear fenders. You can press them out a bit and get the new 33x10.50s on there, but make sure to check your backspacing. I don't think that'll work if you've got a '76/77, just due to the extra knuckle material up front.<br>Joe

OP
OP
B

bst4byford

[quote author=rjlougee link=board=5;threadid=9120;start=0#65336 date=1032155746]<br>33x9.5 is it, unless you do some metal stretching work on the rear fenders. You can press them out a bit and get the new 33x10.50s on there, but make sure to check your backspacing. I don't think that'll work if you've got a '76/77, just due to the extra knuckle material up front.<br>Joe<br>[/quote]<br><br>I really wanted to BFG Muds, but I can't find them in a 9.5, only 10.5. Any reccomendations?

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
I think 10.50s will fit with the proper backspacing wheel.<br><br>I say, just cut the SOB and go 38s!.

G

take his advice and go to 38's you'll love them. Except whin you go to buy them (1,300.00+)