• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What is my LUBR worth?

rbrnc512

I’m considering selling my 1974 LUBR Bronco. I have a lot of paperwork on it from prior owners and what I’ve done, but the basics: power steering, power/disc brakes, air conditioning, 3 speed on the column, and just had a rebuilt 5.0 put in a few months ago. The tub interior has been bedlinered and has an insulated vinyl floor covering on top of that. It has a lift, which I believe is 1.5”-2.5”, but unfortunately that’s the only thing that I know of that I don’t have the paperwork on.

When the new motor was put in, the shop went through the whole thing and fixed any other issues so it runs and drives great now (the shop is probably the best in town for broncos).

Cosmetically it’s in very good shape. The only real rust spot is passenger floorboard, but it’s very firm and I haven’t felt the need to do anything about it. There are a few very minor surface rust areas, but they aren’t major and in my opinion don’t look bad at all (can hardly notice them from 10-15 feet away).

The only issues I know of are:
• I’ve never used the aux gas tank, would need to be cleaned before using (and I can’t say for sure that nothing else is wrong with it, but prior owner told me it was okay)
• speedometer on the gauge cluster works, most other things on the cluster don’t. There is an aftermarket temp gauge on the column that works fine.
• The dash cosmetically is bad. The paint isn’t great and there is a hole for the radio but the radio is in the console.
• Small dent in the hood – it’s not all that noticeable but it’s there. I would suspect a body shop could fix it relatively easily, I just haven’t had time to take it yet.

Overall it’s a great bronco that needs nothing as is and could easily be a daily driver, but I think a new dash, fixing the gas tank, and a paint job would go a really long way.

So, my question is: what do you think this is worth?

Hopefully this link works to see photos, will try to correct if not
http://s958.photobucket.com/user/txhorns_2009/library/1974 Bronco

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
That's a really nice solid looking Bronco. I would say in the high teens maybe more. Pics of any defects or rust would help as far as what kind of effect if any it would have on the value.

Jaxgtc

That's a really nice solid looking Bronco. I would say in the high teens maybe more. Pics of any defects or rust would help as far as what kind of effect if any it would have on the value.

I would concur. A nice looking truck.

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Id say 15 on the low end and 25 on the high end....looks like a really nice truck. Id like to see the underside. Bed liner can hide a lot of mistakes or rust ....good luck if you decide to sell

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Yeah, looks like a really nice truck! Considering that I cannot look at it up close it is hard to make a judgement on its price. Having said that, i would like to see some pics of the engine compartment. Especially a shot of the Driver and passenger side inner fenders from the engine compartment focusing back of the inner fenders closer to the firewall as that is an area known to rust/rot out on these trucks and a decent indicator of the rest of the truck in some cases. In any case it looks like a really solid nice original for the most part classic bronco. Compared to one that I saw the other day and talked to the owner briefly who said he paid 20k for his I would say that yours is probably worth at least 20k probably because yours looks alot better in the pics than what I saw of his up close! I say keep it! If money isn't a problem and even if it is you will have a hard time replacing this with something better or equivalent if you ever have any regrets on selling this truck! Good Luck with your decision! These trucks are only going up in value. The SUV is the in thing now and this is one of the originals! ;D

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
Mid to upper teens.
will depend on how long you're willing to wait for a buyer to come along and your ability to tolerate tire kickers.

OP
OP
R

rbrnc512

Thanks everybody for the help. And I know I should keep it, but unfortunately I just haven't had the time to use it as much as I had hoped so its getting harder to justify.

I crawled under last night to confirm - the only rust area is the floorpan, but I was mistaken - it is the driver's side, not the passenger side; it is plenty firm though. Engine compartment and everything else looks fine. I'll try to get pictures up soon (and ultimately when I list it, I think a pretty effective thing to do these days is facetime with somebody so they can see the whole thing, watch it start cold, etc.). No point in wasting somebody else's or my time by inaccurately describing it.

Anyways, I appreciate the feedback. I've watched the market on and off over the last 5-6 years (this is my second one) and shopped pretty hard/long when I bought this one, so I was thinking something in the mid-20's felt more appropriate than anything in the teens. But I am biased and it's only worth what somebody will pay you anyways!

I think I'll probably list it at a level that I'd be more inclined to transact at (albeit, based on the feedback, likely on the higher end) and just leave it out there for awhile.

I just wish I could use it more than I do. And I wish I could sell it in CA!

Thanks again.