• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What is the best/fun/biggest must go to Bronco event held each year?

Ranger345

Loc.
Omaha, Ne
I need to give my work vacation dates for next year and I was wondering what is the Grand daddy Super Bowl of all Bronco events? I figure if I go to one then why not go to the best one! please post the place and possible dates. Thanks!!

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
I've never been to one, so I can't give any personal experience. However, after reading about several different ones on this site and others, I must say that I am the most eager to go to the OCBR once my EB is done. That thing sounds like a blast!

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
That would be SOB in Sand Lake Oregon, the weekend before Labor Day (most stay the whole week). Lots of fun and lots of Broncos (LOTS). But I think any Bronco event would be a blast to attend and there are a few to choose from. Hope to see you out this way. Good luck choosing,

Shawn

Clint

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
Im a little biased, but the Moab Event was alot of fun last year, had almost 100 broncos during the week long event and a heck of a raffle, lots of wheeling and sightseeing.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
in 2006, i think the 40th in victorville was probably one of the biggest. i don't remember the count, but i think there was over 200 broncos that showed up. some day i'd like to get up to SOB, but that'll be a looooooong drive!

this coming year i do plan on attending big bear bronco bash also.

Last edited:

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
i would have to say it would be relative to what you like to do & how far you are willing to travel. are you looking to go to the dunes,show or trails?
SOB looks like a great get together.
Fab Fords looks to be a good get together.
Knoxville Bronco Driver event has been a great event & getting stronger every year for a show.
the free4all was a big deal a few years back.

YellowBronc

Bronco God
I'm a little partial because I'm in the midwest as you are. I can highly recommend the Oklahoma Classic Bronco Roundup (OCBR). It's held in Hot Springs Arkansas for the last few years. It has a great bunch of people organizing and running the event. i believe the dates for 2008 will be Sept 24th through 27th. You can check out more about OCBR from the website. It has pictures from past years as well as the list of sponsors that donate items. Many great prizes by the way.;) Usually around 100 Broncos show up and we even parade them through Hot Springs on one of the nights. Lots of fun for sure!

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
9th Annual HoWiEpAlOoZa 2K8
Hannibal Rocks Park
Hannibal , Missouri
May 2nd thru 4th

I will post more info and explain in detail how the 9th annual will be the biggest and best Howiepalooza ever ;)

howiebilt

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I have greatly enjoyed SOB the past 2 years but would like to attend some of the others out there, especially the OCBR roundup, that just looks like a ton of family fun to me!

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
I'd say they are probably all about the same. But I've only been to the Bronco Stampedes in AZ. I would go to the one thats close to you then you decide. If you want to try wheeling in different parts of the country then plan on going to others. They are a lot of fun and you meet some really good people and get to see a lot of nice bronco along with the fact that the raffles are pretty decent. Maybe I'll win something good one of these years.

Socal Tom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego, CA
I think a lot depends on what you want to do. Do you want to kick tires and shoot the breeze or run trails? In Socal we have the Big Bear Bronco bash ( June), and Bronco Daze
(October). I haven't been to SOB, but for meeting people it sounds like one of the best.
Tom

BroncoMarc

Loc.
BroncOhio
That's pretty funny.. You can look at where a person is from and guess what they're going to say. :) I'll go out on a limb and say that SOB is probably the biggest.

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
That's pretty funny.. You can look at where a person is from and guess what they're going to say. :) I'll go out on a limb and say that SOB is probably the biggest.

SOB MAY BE BIGGER THAN OCBR - but I'd be willing to bet
that OCBR is more like a FAMILY ....lots of trails to run,
tails to tell and .....well, come see for yourself! 2008
dates ARE Sept. 24-27 @ Hot Springs as stated by Yellowbronc
(who is the OCB webmaster!) It is also OCB's 10th Anniv.
so we're plannin' for the big 10!

okorangebrnco

Bronco Guru
Id have to say all of them of course!! although I have not been to many more, but I would like to go to everyone I could

broncotime

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grapevine, Texas
I think there are many equally great events. You should just pick one or two a year to try and get out to and then switch each year. You'll meet lots of great folks, see lots of great trails and run different terrains. Personally I would start with OCBR and the LEBC Spring Roundup (those are the two I hit every year). I do hope to get to Colorado and Moab in the next year or so though.

Good luck with your choice!

daddyg

Bronco Parts Collector
Loc.
Toney,AL
I have never been but I really want to go OCBR. I have been to smaller more local events but to me OCBR sounds like the ultimate..