• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What is the best way to get an accurate insurance appraisal for damage post wreck.

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
A guy I sold a bronco to got t boned the other day and is now trying to get insurance money to fix it. The appraiser that showed up to appraise it said he thought he was coming to look at "an OJ bronco" and did not really know how to figure it with all of the custom steering, suspension, body work and so on. The wreck bent the track bar, drag link, pitman arm, door post, inner fenders, door insert, driver fender, bent the rim, and probably needs the drivers side knuckle taken apart to assess the damage. There are no classic restoration shops in our town and door post/inner fender repair is a huge job if you have ever done it before.
I got to thinking what would be the best way to get insurance to fix my Bronco if I got in a similar wreck? I would like to get Nick Trixs or BC Broncos to quote it in a perfect world.

Last edited:

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Probably the biggest issue is having the right insurance company and policy. Doesnt sound like the company or policy that guy had was correct. Otherwise they would have known and been able to give somewhat of a appriasal. A lot of companys/policys wont cover upgrades. Even then they may total the vehicle and give whatever it was valued as. Which probably wouldnt cover a complete rebuild. once you factor in labor costs involved.
The best you can hope for is no never get into a wreck so you dont have to deal with the issue.