• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What is the Diameter of the radius arm at the rear bushings?

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Can anyone measure the diameter? need to know if they are rusted out, and not worth bushing replacement, Looking at the rear of the arm area just after the threaded area the bushings are located.
Also what is the actual "hole" dia. on the frame mount?
Thanks

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I don't have a loose one handy, but I'm sure someone will.
In the meantime, are yours at least still "linear" in shape? Or is there any necking-down where it looks like rust might have been eating away at it?

Most of the rusty ones have a concave/hourglass shape to the shank, where good ones are more straight.
But if your shank is smaller than the threaded end, even if it's evenly distributed I'd say that's rusted down and not good.

God pics?

Paul

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I have a couple sets in my shop. The best one I found measures just shy of 7/8". The worst one measures just under 5/8" at its worst spot. Here are a couple pics.

Attachments

• IMG_3481.jpg
    IMG_3481.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3482.jpg
    IMG_3482.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 32

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
I have a couple sets in my shop. The best one I found measures just shy of 7/8". The worst one measures just under 5/8" at its worst spot. Here are a couple pics.
I like that senior citizen tape measure. Even my bad eyes can see those numbers.

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I like that senior citizen tape measure. Even my bad eyes can see those numbers.

Ha! That is a Komelon mag grip tape measure. I get them at the Welding shop, it has two magnets on the end to help with metal work. They are awesome! Easy to read like you said, as well.

OP
OP
reamer

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks Mine are super thin/wore down, guess its time for a new set.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well bummer. But at least you know now, rather than later. Like real later, when you're as far from home as you've ever been in the Bronco, at 3:00am coming back from a raving party, just before your wife goes into labor with your first child, and you weren't supposed to go out with your Bronco buddies because you were supposed to drive her to the doctor.
You know... "THAT" later.;);D

Paul

75MIKE

Loc.
NE Washington
Well bummer. But at least you know now, rather than later. Like real later, when you're as far from home as you've ever been in the Bronco, at 3:00am coming back from a raving party, just before your wife goes into labor with your first child, and you weren't supposed to go out with your Bronco buddies because you were supposed to drive her to the doctor.
You know... "THAT" later.;);D

Paul

That's some funny stuff there. Or whoever said I didn't break down at the end of the world, but I could see it from where I was at.

OP
OP
reamer

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yep they are toast, Now I need new ones, does it ever end!

Attachments

• radius arm toast.jpg
    radius arm toast.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 25

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Or whoever said I didn't break down at the end of the world, but I could see it from where I was at.

Hah! Yep, good one.
Like when asked "Were you ever lost?" and the reply was "No sir. But I sure was a might bewildered for three days once.";)
Credited to Daniel Boone if I remember.

Paul

OP
OP
reamer

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not at over $700, Just running 31" Just need to find Stock replacements...