• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What kind of lube goes in steering coupling ?

broncojack

Contributor
I took my manual steering column / shaft out and apart today. I removed a snap ring at the steering box coupling and slid the shaft out. There is a lubricant in it that is between 90w and grease. This is the part that has a "T" on the end of the shaft and has a rubber boot over it. Anyone know what I should put back in ?

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D I used wheel bearing grease in mine on the bell worked from 66 till I went power in 94. But any good gerase will be good .:p :p :p Bill :cool: %) :p