• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

what r u using in your parts cleaner

ponch0v

What is every one using in their parts cleaner tubs? The water based stuff aint makin it and here in cali cant get the god stuff anymore.

pinenuts

Loc.
Hereford, AZ
I just finnished a rebuild on my 302, and I clened everthing with some old kerosene that I had. It worked fine but smelled like crap. I also used carb cleaner on some of the parts.

OP
OP
ponch0v

ponch0v

I use carb cleaner too, but I need to fill my 20 gallon parts cleaner. I need to find 15 gallons of......what? any ideas

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
Advance Auto sells the parts cleaner in 5 gallon cans. Thats what i have in mine. 10 gallon works good in it. Its about 30 bucks a can.

OP
OP
ponch0v

ponch0v

Flash69 said:
Advance Auto sells the parts cleaner in 5 gallon cans. Thats what i have in mine. 10 gallon works good in it. Its about 30 bucks a can.
Is it an Advance Auto part or can you give us a brand name.

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
ponch0v said:
Is it an Advance Auto part or can you give us a brand name.
I dont remember the name of it. Advance auto is the only place i could find it in my area. It is made specifically for parts cleaners. A lot of people put kerosene in them but i think that has way to much odor for me.

RolledItAgain

Diesel fuel works great, lot less flammable then other cleaners, cheap and easy to find.

OP
OP
ponch0v

ponch0v

Absolutely Bronco Talk. Im trying to find out what everyone else is using to clean their BRONCO PARTS. This is the same as working with Por15 or weatherstrip glue or any of the same type of questions people ask. I'm not interested in RC cars, if Ebay is fair to EBs, or the ten other "off topic" topics that pop up in Bronco Talk during the week.

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
Jon is good at figuring what needs to be where. I think this is where this thread should be. It was a good question for this forum.