• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What setup makes my 77 most valuable?

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have an uncut, unlifted, nearly unmolested stock 77. I think its about time to sell it and I need to know which direction to take it to maximize value. The PO started a C4 swap, but only got so far as installing the trans/t-case. I received with the purchase the original trans/t-case, condition unknown. For that matter, I'm not certain of the condition of the C4. I have, what I think, is the original engine in another 77 that I plan on swapping into the uncut.

So, back to the question. What configuration is this worth the most?

C4 or Manual
2bbl or 4bbl

Should I get it running or sell it as a project, knowing that the new owner might just tear it down anyway.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Well keeping it all correct would be more valueable as it would then at least be stock and match the VIN plate.
Running always helps as if somethings not running I would pay less for it. I'd probably leave it with a 2 barrel carb again its stock. Then you can offer any buyer the option to purchase the C-4 or 4V setups if you dont want it. a C-4 doesnt drive up the value all that much. Its probably worth more as parts then it is in a bronco.

If someone is going to tear it all apart then it really doesnt matter what tranny is in it or if its running. But again when I look for a project if its not running or missing major parts thats a bonus to me as I can point out its not even running so condition is unknown. If you have it running and it can make it around the block with no issues that can increase the price you can ask.

Evian

Loc.
Algonquin/IL
Need to see some photos. Is it being held together by duct tape or is it pristine? If it has rust I don't think it will matter if it is original or not. Unmolested, uncut and unlifted tells me no one ever wanted to spend any money on it. I prefer tricked out Bronco to an original grandpa's Bronco.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I like the stock and running idea, but people do like Automatics. That's a tough one. ?:?

And if it's that close to stock, I'd probably leave a 2 barrel on it.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Stock, uncut, auto, at my house.

OP
OP
lonesouth

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Delivery available for additional charge :) I'll try to get some pics later in the week.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I'd leave the C4 in but only if it works. A non-working auto trans will drive the price down more than a good manual trans.