• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What should I look for?

miztergentz

Loc.
Pensacola Florida
The pick up date for my new 1966 Bronco is this Saturday. I purhased this ED through photos only and several conversations with the seller...so, when I get there Saturday morning, what should I look for other than the obviouse? Looking at the pictures she looked like a real cherry, but I don't want to get there and find out that had I consulted this forum I might have found it otherwise.

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
Rust is the main thing to look for. Floors, doors, Cowl, Rockers, Tail gate, and Frame are the first places to look.

Lunar-tic

Loc.
Brentsville
Rust......pay special attention to the area where the door hinges bolt to the body and whether or not the doors sag when you open them. Also look at the door posts and the cowl area (all of the sheet metal between the engine and passenger compartments). Some stuff is easy to fix like floor pans, I think the cowl area might be classified as the most difficult and therefore expensive. Check the fuel tanks for rust too, my dad's tank rusted through while I was gasing up, what a mess.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
In addition to what everyone else has said check for rust inside the tail light buckets. The rear tires throw mud and rocks up there and they usually rot from the inside out.

Also - fold down the windshield to ck for rust under the hinge.

OP
OP
M

miztergentz

Loc.
Pensacola Florida
Thanks.....

I be sure and check these areas.... I also promise to post pictures next week after I get home with it... My plan is to drive down tomorrow after I get off work....460 miles...then get up early Saturday morning, inspect and complete the deal...then load her up and head back.... should have her home late Saturday evening....920+ miles to go get my first EB.... can you tell I got it bad? !!!!