• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What tire/ wheel suits me best?

rutwad

Well, I guess it's time for some new 35" treads (really, REALLY hoping they fit) and I would like some advice. We live in Alabama if that matters. We haven't really been riding much since we purchased our EB, but my best guess at our riding is wooded trails which of course means we will encounter mud. Then there is a local shallow water creek that has mostly a sanstone bottom and some sandy spots but nothing severe. So far, we have only ridden ATV's in the creek with no problem, but as time goes on we will probably end up with the EB in the creek.

Now as far as highway driving, we may drive 20 miles to get to one riding place but they are all country roads and we won't be in any hurry to get there. Therefore, road handling characteristics may not matter much.

Any advice on tires is appreciated. Bias vs. radial. Tires to look for, tires to stay away from, or whatever.

For wheels, I remember an atv wheel that was really hard to keep clean. It always had mud/water spots no matter what. What type wheel finish should I look for, but not black.

Sorry for the long post, but I hate to spend this much money only to regret my purchase. HELP ME OUT, PLEASE!!!

D ROCK

Sounds like your a candidate for some Super Swampers. Boggers will trail ride REALLY well, but bark on the road. TSL's are good for trails too. Swampers will probably be your best trail tire. Not the greatest for road though. If you get some 35/14.50x15 you won't be dissappointed. As far as rims go I like the chrome steel wheel because its cheap and looks pretty good. If you want a better looking rim for not much more change go with the Mickey Thompson Classic II. You'll need at least 15x10's for the above mentioned tire choice. Rip it up!!!:cool:

Paco

Loc.
Pueblo, CO
I'm running a set of 35" BFG Mud-terrains. Before I put these on, I had 32" BFG Mud-terrains. I've been real happy with both sets, I've been even happier with the 35s with the extra ground clearance and the ride seems alot smoother and quieter. I'm running 15x10" Eagle rims, don't remember the style #. Not too sure about the mud performance, but I'm assuming since they're called "Mud-terrains", they'd perform pretty well in the mud. I think you'd be real happy with them. Check out the pics. HTH.

Attachments

• P4100034a.jpg
    P4100034a.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 31
  • P4100036a.jpg
    P4100036a.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

NC-Fordguy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bethel/Greenville NC
I live in Eastern NC which is generally mud. Running BFG 33x10.5 MT on 8 inch wide rims. Went to Urwharrie this past weekend which is more rocks that mud...no problems on that terrain either, aired down the tires to about 20 psi and did not bust a bead. If I had 10 inch wide rims I would have gone to a wider tire. The BFG have done me right and are pretty good on the highway running 70 mph.

Ed

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D If you are going 35's then I would guess that you are running 4:56 gears wich should work OK. BFG mud tire would be a good choice and what ever tire you go with go with a Radial tire is best allround tire good luck with your choice.;D ;D ;D Bill %) :cool: ;D

OP
OP
R

rutwad

wildbill, I am running 4.10's. I hear 4.56's are better for 35's, but my 351w is really strong. I am hoping 4.10's will work well for me.