• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What would you pay for this Bronco?? Feedback Please.

mountainview68

Loc.
yet to be determined
1968 Ford Bronco
Rebuilt I-6
Rebuilt 3 speed
New Clutch
New Brakes
Most of the drivetrain has been rebuilt.
RUST FREE
Owner claims the paint is as good as it was new.
NO aftermarket mods.
As it was sitting on the show room floor when it was sold in 68.\

GIVE ME SOME INPUT. My wife would like to have this to drive around town, pick up kids, etc. "grocery getter"

Thanks.

weps

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Switzerland
would be somethinf to see. definitely look at it if you can. either the owner is a pro seller with all the right buzzwords, or that is quite a find.

dpmerrill

Loc.
Springville, UT
A picture's worth a thousand posts, but it sounds fun...

As always, it depends on the buyer, but I might go around 5k myself. Things like no V8, no power steering, drum brakes and D30 would keep me from paying top dollar.

Has the wife ever driven a Bronco with no power steering? If not, you may have to put a power steering kit in the budget...

RKM

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntingtown, MD
By the way you discribe it, and your wife using it as a (grocery getter) (kid picker uper)etc. I would suspect that you are more interested in it's origonal appeal. Origonality is worth money dispite the extras that it could have that the later years did. NO PS in a stock small tire bronco isn't that bad at all. By no means is it a honda hatchback with no ps they are very easy to drive. My EB has a 4 in. lift, 33x12.50's and no PS or PB and a 3 speed. My wife drives mine just fine. To give you an idea she is like 120 lbs and she does just fine. The Brakes should work great even though they are drum. Since they were redone. My brakes push a little mostly because of the bigger tires but it does stop. If they were done correctly you should have no problem with them.

Definately contact the person and see if it is all that is expected.

720Racer

Loc.
Auburn
You could try this (if I did it right) www.nadaguides.com. My buddy recently bought a used toy hauler and this is how the bank decided how much $ they would loan him.

Personally I agree with DPMerril. The manual steering/brakes lower the price for me, but there are alot of guys looking for one uncut and unmodified. That could raise it's value. I'd say by the description you gave it's worth at least $7000.00

Good luck,

Galen

P.S. I just looked it up .............WOW!!!!

1968 Ford Bronco 4x4 wagon, 6 cylinder, manual transmission.

Msrp: $2851.00

Low Retail $6303.00

High Retail $15765.00

Holy Cow!!! I hope the seller doesn't know this. :)

ghost66

Bronco Guru
68 original look

depends where you are they are cheaper in the south but if you are in the noreth east or midwest it's worth alot more. I'd say 6500-8500 depending on miles and location.

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
That'd get $5 - $7K max around here.
Biggest bonus is it's supposed rust free state.
Lot's of minuses. I say the fact that it's been unmodified brings the value down. That is if it were upgraded to D44, Power/ front Disk Brakes, Power steering, etc... it'd be worth a lot more.
I don't know....I see some with another opinion, I'd point out the these features to your wife to make sure she knows that for putting around town, with no power brakes, and steering that it won't be like driving a sedan.