• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

whats a 77 crew cab f250 4x4 worth 4 door

mxer

Loc.
Gallipolis, OH
I found a crew cab f250 4x4 orginal owner 85,000 short bed dana 44 front 60rear automatic trans 400ci engine. Good condition it has some rust repair in the past on bed and corners that is comming threw but rest in good shape dealer installed winch. I thougt someone would know about how something like this was worth. He wants 5000 or obo. I know these are rare but none are on ebay so any info on this would be helpful. This is the four door model. I

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
I used to have one like that. I loved it (the kids called it the good truck). Mine was beat and had a camo paint job but it did have a brand new 400.;D I paid $2500 for it but that was 15 years ago.

frenchy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've had 2 of those sounds like a decent price if it's all there.
frenchy

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
always liked those alot, hard to say what it's worth w/out pics... ;)

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
All 4x4's will be short beds unless a conversion. The price is right in the ballpark. You rarely see them go online for less. Check the cab drip rails really well, they are a big problem spot on these trucks.

I got about 4k for this one several years ago, but it was a 73 on a 70 frame. It had some drip rail and floor rust issues. Wish I would have never sold it. They are getting very difficult to find and are pretty sought after.

I currently have a 1970 4x4 shortbox.

Attachments

• Personal Pics 009.jpg
    Personal Pics 009.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 90
  • Personal Pics 010.jpg
    Personal Pics 010.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 73
OP
OP
mxer

mxer

Loc.
Gallipolis, OH
yes this truck is a short bed and i am either going to purchase this truck if I can make a deal or put it on ebay for the owner I will have pics friday if any one is intersted

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Friend of mine has one for sale locally (its very rough in the rusted out department) that has to be the oddest combination of Ford truck parts I've ever seen and I've verified that its 100% original and unmolested. Its a '76, if I recall correctly. It is a crew cab shortbox 4x4. But from there it gets weird: 400 engine and granny 435 with divorced 205 T-case. D60 rear and low-pinion D60 front axle.

Ford never ceases to amaze.

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Probably a real late 76 if it has the 400. They stayed divorced transfer cases until mid 77 (commonly called the 77.5). The majority of the 4 speeds would have been the NP435 but I believe the T18 was also an option. In 76 and 77 they would have come with the low pinion Dana 60 with disc or a low pinion dana 44 with disc brakes. The high pinion version of both came out in 1978.

OP
OP
mxer

mxer

Loc.
Gallipolis, OH
it must be a late 77 it has a high pinion 44 disk brake small hubs, married transfer case, it sets low not like a high boy, it has power steering not the assist ram like early 77s, will hopefully have pics friday

Tgure

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix
Here is a shot of my 77.5, I paid 3k for it, it had significant rust issues but came with a fresh 400. I am working on making a deal on a 6bt right now to stuff in it.

I would say 5k is very fair if it is in good shape.

Attachments

• IMAG0085.jpg
    IMAG0085.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 20