• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Whats a complete 2000 5.0 worth?! +questions

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
Trying to see whats going to be my best solution to my motor going bad...

I found a complete 5.0 in a 2000 mtneer. It has 95k and is clean. What is this worth??

Also... I have everything to EFI my motor sitting in my garage, but now the motor thinks lifters taste good and keeps eating 1. Now, if I were to purchase said motor above... Do I want it all from the mtneer?? harness, comp, ect?? Or should I just use my mustang harness and a9l? Help a brother out.

Last Q... Whats a decent price for an 89-93 mustang 5.0 complete??

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Depending on how much is there and where you live, $1000 to $2000 is common. Sometimes going for less (like $600).

The late model computer and harness are useless for you. That is a late version of the Explorer V8 and uses a variable fuel pump and returnless fuel system. Just convert the engine to Mustang eletronic and you will be much happier.

The heads are the good flowing P-heads, but finding exhaust that clears the plug wires is a challenge. Some claim to have done it, but sure things are hard to find.

Do you plan on using the 4R70W trans as well? if so just use a Baumantor to run it. I have tried a couple different ways but always come back to what works. www.becontrols.com

and the last Mustang motor I got was an '88. Paid $200 for it. Was in good shape when I tore it down. Harness was a hack job.

After all that, do a search for "explorer motor" and you will have hours of detailed reading.

OP
OP
Hnrys69

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
Cool, that helps.

Im going to be using my c4.

So is this a good motor to look at or should I just stick to finding a cheap mustang 5.0?? Sounds good to convert it to the mustang electronics. Everything looked the same, except for the dizzy (which I have from a mustang). Can I toss my headman headers from my 69 block on this thing? I was just going to weld some o2 bungs into them.

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
Sounds like you just need a good long block. Right? If you have any local engine builders stop by to see what they have. One of the best shops around here keeps a couple of the popular motors aready built with decent parts for 600 bucks. They do them when things are slow.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D If you just keep loseing a lifter on one hole I would suggest a new cam. You can get a new cam and lifters for about 200.00 with gaskits and do the thing on one sat. ect. And on a high milage motor I woul think 300.00 to 400.00 would be a price good luck. :cool: :cool: :cool: Bill :cool: %) :p