• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

whats a complete 3 speed worth?

randall

hey, i put a c4 in a few weeks back, so now i have everything needed for a 3 speed manual conversion. But in order to sell it i need to know what its worth. thanks.

mxpaz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
KC
I dont think you should have to pay someone more than $20 bucks to haul it off for ya.

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
A brand new, never been run 3 speed is worth just about as much as one that won't shift at all, in other words, they make great door stops. As long as you don't have to move them and actually close that door some day...<br>Joe

OP
OP
R

randall

hahaha, thats what i was afraid of, especially since i have two of them. Thanks anyways.

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
Every now and then I see a classifieds post wanting to trade an entire auto setup for a manual one. You could do that and then sell the auto setup, but that's alot of work for just that.

71bronco

Loc.
boise id
i even tried to give mine away if the guy would pay shipping. then i found a mustang guy who was fanatical about the six cylinder/3 spd combo.......he was convinced that he could use the trans for something other than a paperweight, and i got to pick over a old 66 stang parts car.........

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
[quote author=71bronco link=board=5;threadid=10888;start=0#79935 date=1036388285]<br>i even tried to give mine away if the guy would pay shipping. then i found a mustang guy who was fanatical about the six cylinder/3 spd combo.......he was convinced that he could use the trans for something other than a paperweight, and i got to pick over a old 66 stang parts car.........<br>[/quote]<br><br>Thats like hitting the lottery in odds... Man Im jealous. Got one still sitting next to my house lol.

bronco std

Loc.
Berryville, Virginia
I got mine a month ago off ebay for 35 bucks. Shipping was about 40 dollars. At that time I did see two other 3 speeds going for sale one was 75 and the other was 200. I think that between 35 and 75 is fair but 200 that is a bit much.<br><br>Hope that helps.<br><br>Bronco STD

6677ebman

Bronco Guru
Regardless of value, you guys will have to admit that they're pretty good transmissions. I've been around EB's for a long time, have seen a lot more C4's go bad than 3 speeds! I think I've seen one 3 speed go bad in my life! They ought to be worth more $$!!

71bronco

Loc.
boise id
come to think of it, i myself have fried a few automatics over the years, but i've never heard of a 3 speed going out.....nor my 435.......

66horse

Bronco Guru
[quote author=71bronco link=board=5;threadid=10888;start=0#79935 date=1036388285]<br>i even tried to give mine away if the guy would pay shipping. then i found a mustang guy who was fanatical about the six cylinder/3 spd combo.......he was convinced that he could use the trans for something other than a paperweight, and i got to pick over a old 66 stang parts car.........<br>[/quote]<br><br>Do ou have this guys info I have a 6 and 3 speed combo I am trying to get rid of!