• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Whats did you do first?

66horse

Bronco Guru
Hmm not sure where this fits in under your catagories but went from a straight 6 to a V8.

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
The FIRST thing I did to my Bronco was take the roof off and throw it away. The first thing I did to my 66 bronco is put a car cover on it so the town didn't come by and slap a " take this thing to the junkyard " sticker on the windshield ;D

DPM77

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle, Washington
I wish I had that top 2bad. <br><br>First thing I did was buy all the rubber parts I could find(thank god for Dennis Carpenter) for the rear gate and stop all that infernal racket. Since then, I have just been keeping up with the rust. Oh, there was that new motor. Oh, yea, a Steel Horse panic bar on the dash above the glove compartment for my navigator.<br><br>Paint goes on in patches, and I gave up on pisscans, I am using a brush now ;D. Wonder what a roller wold look like?<br><br>dpm

swood

Loc.
San Jose, CA
Drove it for three hours, then started the tear down for the frame-off resto. It's been a year now and I'm just starting to get the rolling chassi together. Engine goes in this weekend.<br><br>"Honest Honey, it won't be that much work".....

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I bought mine used 4 years old with 10,000 miles just like brand new and the next day cut all 4 fenderwells.

jeff68

Loc.
Hattiesburg, MS.
Well lets see,<br>*Cleaned it up first, changed the clutch,(played around with it for a bit)<br>*Then the Duff's 3 1/2" susp. lift went on,(played around with it for a bit) <br>*Then 35" tire with 15"x10"amuminum wheels, (played around with it again)<br>*Then a Duff's floor shifters,(played around again)<br>*Then the engine and it just goes on and on!<br><br>Now I'm looking at changing the tranny to a NP435 mated to a NP205 T-case!<br>Where does it end??? :p<br>

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
Well, first thing was to correct the upgrades from the previous owner, then the brake upgrade, bumpers and tires/wheels<br><br>Next is putting all my new presents from Santa:<br>
  • ARB's front and rear
  • Ring and pinion front and back
  • Warn winch
  • Rebuilt 351W
  • Headers and dual exhaust
  • New 31 spline axles front and rear
  • New steel Aux. Tank
  • Rebuit C4
  • Dana 20 gears
  • Protofab glass hood
<br>Thanks to my Santa Punkin! Explains all the boxes in the garage!<br>(Guess I better get something to go along with the bathrobe I bought her for her present!)

Jimmyjames

Loc.
Romulus, AL
Power Brakes<br>Chevy disc conversion<br>New floorpans<br><br>currently installing<br><br>BC springs and leafs<br>Rear discs<br><br>Jimmyjames

Gordys74

Loc.
Southern Iowa
First thing I did was to get the motor runnin, wasn't sure it would. Next was tires and wheels so I could get it up off the ground (had 4 flat tires on it that were determined to stay flat.)

rflud

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Modesto, CA
Drove it for two days to show people the way it looked before and then stripped it down to the frame. Sand blasted everything, rebuilt everything and started putting it back together. It's been a year and a half now. Not done yet. Almost to the point where I can start the enging though. ;D

thesnake

Bronco Guru
I'm doing the stuff I can get done when the weather is decent. <br><br>snake

74bronc

Bronco Guru
[quote author=Waverous link=board=5;threadid=12024;start=0#88795 date=1039135063]<br>Well, first thing was to correct the upgrades from the previous owner, then the brake upgrade, bumpers and tires/wheels<br><br>Next is putting all my new presents from Santa:<br>
  • ARB's front and rear
  • Ring and pinion front and back
  • Warn winch
  • Rebuilt 351W
  • Headers and dual exhaust
  • New 31 spline axles front and rear
  • New steel Aux. Tank
  • Rebuit C4
  • Dana 20 gears
  • Protofab glass hood
<br>Thanks to my Santa Punkin! Explains all the boxes in the garage!<br>(Guess I better get something to go along with the bathrobe I bought her for her present!)<br>[/quote]<br><br>Holy she-ite batman, you must hvae been a good boy this year. I did get carpet for the EB and probably some new underwear! ;D

horslady

Loc.
Fond du Lac , Wisconsin
Changed the tire, charged the battery and drove it home while big sister stood there and said it would have to be towed as it sat for 4 years....... fired up first time and laughed all the way home. 8) 8) 8) 8)

Nuke

Right after I bought, like an hour, I replaced the alternator and the battery. Now I need to address safety issues: lights, ebrake. Then general maintance which probably hasn't been done in a while: oil change, radiator flush, check the brakes, etc. Next, take care of the surface rust and put in a bedliner. Finally, start modifiy it: disk brakes, power braked, new wheels, stereo, etc, etc, etc... Oh, I can't wait!! ;D<br><br>

vbro

I put in power brakes and shoulder belts...I was getting funny looks at the stop light when I would be standing on my breaks. Really...standing!