• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

whats my axles worth?

swampu

Loc.
Biloxi
I run the 38.5 boggers but I haven't set my bump stops yet and may need to trim some fenders. Don't forget to order your new headers!!! Yea, your wider front axle will cause your drive shaft to get in the way of your headers you have now.

OP
OP
R

RIDER68

Loc.
southwest washington
im trimmed out as far as it will go without looking bad because i didn't wanna hack on it because its show quality lol
and nope thats why i bought this axle!
all the other kingpin and balljoint dana 60's you have to run shorty headers or manifolds but with the 78 and 79 dana 60's the pumpkin is moved over about 3 inches and we ended up cutting some of the housing off anyway. these axles are hard to find and everyone wants them because you dont have to do many mods to them just set them up for coils and go

swampu

Loc.
Biloxi
Damn, I didn't know that. I bought the first set of axles I could find for 500 bucks. I needed the new headers anyway. What about the doubler, have you built one? Any do's or don'ts?

OP
OP
R

RIDER68

Loc.
southwest washington
nope i haven't done anything to the motor or tranny or transfer case yet i will end up using them all stock for now until i can get these axles done.
man everyone wants my axles!

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
I dont think you will have a problem selling them when you do if you do I just wanted to put my self in line if you do. Thanks