• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What's the proper front to back attitude?

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I realize it's a matter of preference, but what would the factory attitude be hiding the body line/molding? Level with the ground, or a rake to the front or back?

jckkys

Bronco Guru
The factory stance was nose down by about 2 1/2" with the 4900 GVW package. I like it to be less nose down or about 1 1/2". This allows 2 passengers in the rear seat to nearly level the stance.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Also depends if you have the top on or not

triracer67

Contributor
Best Bronco attitude is that we drive the coolest vehicles...sorry, my bad sarcasm took over.

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
All cargo-carrying vehicles (especially SWB because their angle changes more with the same suspension compression distance) should be nose-down when empty & nose-up when loaded to GVWR so that the average aim of the headlights is safe & usable. For non-cargo-carrying vehicles, or long-wheelbase (whose tilt doesn't change much regardless of loading), it's less-important.

This & the NEXT 2 (which are MUCH larger) diagrams show the factory specs for eBs:

(phone app link)

jckkys

Bronco Guru
I measured mine from the body contour line that runs front to back, to the ground. I also used a tight string paralleling the bottom of the rockers in an attempt to quantify the front to rear rake. My springs 100 percent OE Bronco. The rears are the 77' 4900 GVW package and the front coils are off a '78 Bronco.

OP
OP
blubuckaroo

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
All cargo-carrying vehicles (especially SWB because their angle changes more with the same suspension compression distance) should be nose-down when empty & nose-up when loaded to GVWR so that the average aim of the headlights is safe & usable. For non-cargo-carrying vehicles, or long-wheelbase (whose tilt doesn't change much regardless of loading), it's less-important.

This & the NEXT 2 (which are MUCH larger) diagrams show the factory specs for eBs:

(phone app link)

Thanks Steve!
That's a link we should all save. More chassis info than I've ever seen.
It looks like somewhere around 2" higher at the back bumper was the factory attitude.
I was afraid mine was too high at the rear, but it measures only 1/2" high. And that's with a near empty 23 gallon tank.