• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wheel Cylinder Cross Reference Help - HEY PARTS GUYS!

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Anyone cross this into a Bendix number for me...
Rear Wheel Cylinder- Wagner- either: D-80190 or O-80190 (Can't make out the first letter).
This is a small bore rear cylinder that I'm having a heck of time finding. These brakes are one the last things holding my '76 from road testing. AGH!
Thanks in advance.

72Sport

Bronco Guru
76 should be a 15/16" bore cylinder used on Broncos and most 1/2 ton pickups from 1975 to 1983 and vans from 75 to 91. The Eis part # is EW9150 for the left and EW9151 for the right. Measure the bore on the one you have to verify. Sorry I don't have a Bendix catalog. I have always given the counter man the Eis #s and let him interchange them.

OP
OP
72_EB

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Won't fit backing plate

Yeah, this is for a '72 axle (I think ?:? Anyone read axle tags). But the third member has been swapped and it's a 10" drum small bearing. Real stumper. Bore size on wheel cylinders is 13/16, but all the wheel cylinders I am finding have a larger bleed/brake line section (backsection) than the ones I have. The parts store ones won't fit without grinding out the backing plate mounting. Anyone else seen this before?
I might just bring them to Jeff's this weekend and see if he has them as I can't find them at any parts joint around here. :mad:

72Sport

Bronco Guru
My book doesn't list anything for a 10" 72, only 74 and 75 w/10" brakes. You might try to find an auto parts store that is part of the Auto Value franchise. Look on the net for Auto Value Auto Parts and find a local store. They carry Auto Specialty brand brake parts. Supposedly they bought up all the tooling for the old stuff. The Auto Value store near me seems to be able to find about anything old in brake stuff.

Your store is probably trying to sell you the later stuff which probably requires different backing plates.

OP
OP
72_EB

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Ended up grabbing them at Jeff's this past weekend. Ended up being that goofy 74-75 medium duty axle with the odd ball wheel cylinders.

POWERBRAKEBOB

Wheel Cyl Size

We Have Been Converting Stock Wheel Cyls To Next Size Up Or Larger To Compensate For Over Size Tires For 33 Years. We Have Any Combination Of Wheel Cyl Sizes To Replace Or Upgrade. If You Notice Most Cars Have Black Brake Dust All Over The Front Wheels And Not The Back, It Is Because The Rear Brake Pressure Is Too Low. This Warps Rotors And Overheats Pads. Increasing The Sq Inches Of Area, Multiplied By The Same Line Pressure Will Deliver More Pressure To The Shoes.