• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wheel / Tire size recommendations

Mark850

I’m looking to switch up my tires/wheels to some black bullet hole wheels and replace tires. I wanted to get recommendations on tire size and wheel size. Currently have some older All Terrains LT315/75/R16. Debating on keeping 35”s or if going to 33”s with 16/17 wheel will look like there’s too much space in the well?

I’ve had this 67’ for a little over a year and been doing some upgrades slowly (power brakes, new Jasper 302, new rear 3.5” Ultra flex springs, new rear driveshaft, new rear floor pans). This is pretty much a daily driver around town (no trails, etc.) and driven <50mph. Hoping next year to get to the front floor pans and suspension.

Thanks!

*trying to upload photos using iCloud link, not sure if they work!

01BBK0Qnvh8KJeZrqMErh3skw

Last edited:

NewDog

Contributor
Loc.
Surrey BC
Hey, welcome aboard!
Is this a pic of what it looks like currently?
If so, personally I think it looks good as-is - I wouldn't go to a smaller diameter tire.

Attachments

• Mark850.JPG
    Mark850.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 55
OP
OP
M

Mark850

Thanks, that is a photo of how it is now. I was considering going to 33’s just to help with climbing in and out, but didn’t want to create too much of a gap in the wheel well area by doing so with the suspension/lift how it currently is.

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
What NewDog said. I give that look a two thumbs up. There's not going to be enough difference in either 1) the space in the wheel well or 2) the "climbing in" distance between 37 and 33 inch diameter wheels. Your distance from ground to floor pan is only gonna be 1/2 of the 4 inch decrease in diameter as half of it will be below the axle and half will be above the axle. Same thing with the extra space from fender well to top of tire...at least that's the way I see the math working.
Randy