• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wheel well in or out.

bobbyray27

I'm replacing sheet metal in the front clip right now and have been toying with the idea of not installing the wheel wells but wondering where I would put the ign coil, started sol, and over flow tank. Does anyone have any suggestion or pic's they would like to shear. Also your thoughts on what the advantages or disadvantages of not having the wheel well installed?

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
They also keep out mud and road grime that gets thrown up by the tires.

zeeman1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle
+
more room to work
runs cooler

-
no place for accessories
Gets dirty

You could always cut them down and leave a place to mount your stuff. You could also fab up something that goes over/around where the wheel well was from the firewall to the core support and mount to that. Infinite number of options.

misterkeebler

i ended up cutting half of them out lengthwise, if you do it right it looks pretty good and you have a place to mount everything and you keep some strength in the battery box mount