• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wheeling in WA this Sunday..

68 Broncoholic

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WA
How slick was it up there? I see a winch cable out...?
From the looks of it you went out the back way from the parking lot instead of up 311? There is a hill climb I've yet to make it up just before the entrance to the switch backs. I've always wondered whats up there. See the below trail map I made a red circle and a ? at the end of it. I added this trail to the map so it looks like its suposted to be there. Then further up after the swith backs, you cross the main road and continue up the trail. Half way up the hill on the right there is a bad ass trail. Its not easy to spot as it drops off to the right very steep (see map trail I made with double diamonds circled in red) with 4' off camber drops. Did you see it?

OP
OP
J

jmaples

Loc.
SEATTLE,
Evans

68 Broncoholic said:
How slick was it up there? I see a winch cable out...?
From the looks of it you went out the back way from the parking lot instead of up 311? There is a hill climb I've yet to make it up just before the entrance to the switch backs. I've always wondered whats up there. See the below trail map I made a red circle and a ? at the end of it. I added this trail to the map so it looks like its suposted to be there. Then further up after the swith backs, you cross the main road and continue up the trail. Half way up the hill on the right there is a bad ass trail. Its not easy to spot as it drops off to the right very steep (see map trail I made with double diamonds circled in red) with 4' off camber drops. Did you see it?

It wasn't that slick, everything was fairly easy. Jason Morlan got a little sideways and wasn't able to bump up the rock and it was to slick to crawl so he had to grab cable. We didn't make the trail area you are talking about. i would remember a trail like you are describing.