• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

wheels 5x5.5

jimmymac

Looking at an ad for wheels that came off a Dodge pick up. Said they were 5x5.5 and fits some f-150 and Dodge trucks. Do all 5x5.5 fit early broncos ?

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Any 5x5.5 bolt pattern will work with the bronco. You need to look at what backspacing the wheel has.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Looking at an ad for wheels that came off a Dodge pick up. Said they were 5x5.5 and fits some f-150 and Dodge trucks. Do all 5x5.5 fit early broncos ?

Not ALL do. Sometimes the center hole is too small to fit over the hub. Other possible clearance issues with brakes or even knuckles.

But 5 on 5½ is the right pattern. Most aftermarket wheels have the giant center hole that fits everything.

Good chance they will work, but there is a chance it won't.

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
I'm working on putting together a set of these Dodge 16s for my '83. I got an old dirty spare in the JY, mounted it to my rear axle with lug nuts behind it to space it out, and then let the truck idle in gear (chocked) with that one off the ground so it would spin while I used my die-grinder to widen the center hole ~1/16". It works, so now I'm looking for 4-5 decent-looking rims to mount a set of used 285/75R16s (~33x11.50R16) for RITS, and also in preparation for a factory rear disk swap ('04-up E150).

Bubbason

Loc.
Rock Hill, SC
In my ongoing search for the right wheels, I have found most wheels listed exclusively for Dodge trucks are 5" Backspace and will need spacers on an EB.

OP
OP
J

jimmymac

Thanks, I bought them. They came with 33x12.5x15 nitto grapplers with about 8000 mile on them. I put the tires on my sons 72 Blazer. I have a 77 uncut Bronco I need to cut fenders and lift then I will look for another set of tires for it.