• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Where did you mount your hi lift?

Hank_

Bronco Guru
On my jeep I had a rear swing out tire carrier. I welded a piece of "C" channel on the very top of the carrier and mounted my hi-lift longways on it.

Henry

nik

Loc.
Corcoran, CA
I mounted mine to the roll cage using a couple of exhaust clamps and some fabricated brackets with a bolt welded on. The jack slides over the bolts and is held in place with homemade wing nuts with lots of leverage;D. It turned out to be very solid.

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
It use to be inside mounted to the cage. Now it's on the spare tire carrier.

Attachments

• bumper pics 010 resize.jpg
    bumper pics 010 resize.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 65
  • bumper pics 011 resize.jpg
    bumper pics 011 resize.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 42

mtfit

Bronco Guru
Loc.
pa
using J**P hood mounts, on the floor behind the seats.

knack

Contributor
Here's a picture of mine. It's mounted on aluminum roll bar clamps from a race car supply company. The clamps had 1/2-13 threaded holes. I used matching threaded rod, some plastic bushings, and threaded knobs from Reid Supply to hold the Hi-Lift in place.

Attachments

• IMG_1249.jpg
    IMG_1249.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 67

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
Mine is securely mounted in the corner of my garage. Hi-lifts are probably the most dangerous thing I've ever seen on a trail, and IMO don't belong there. A hydraulic bottle jack is much smaller, much safer and will do pretty much whatever you need on the trail.