• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

where does this hook up

mlaird

Loc.
Houston,TX
was messing around under the dash and found that i unplugged this piece with a fusebox on it and i have no idea where it was hooked up to. anyone know? its a solid black wire.

thanks
dashfuse.jpg

70_Steve

Old Guy
^^ What he said!! ^^

There were no in-line fuse holders like that stock on a Bronco.

Got any empty holes in the dash????;)

OP
OP
mlaird

mlaird

Loc.
Houston,TX
looks like it goes to the horn and that explains why the horn doesnt work. PO had the horn hooked up to a button in the dash. Id like to try and get it back where the horn works when the horn button on the steering wheel is pressed. anyone know how to do this?

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
looks like it goes to the horn and that explains why the horn doesnt work. PO had the horn hooked up to a button in the dash. Id like to try and get it back where the horn works when the horn button on the steering wheel is pressed. anyone know how to do this?

Yeah. What year is it? I would almost expect there to be a problem in the column though if it's been bypassed.

Attachments

• horn5.JPG
    horn5.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
OP
OP
mlaird

mlaird

Loc.
Houston,TX
its a 75. just had the column rebuilt. when i got the bronco it didnt have a horn pad so im hoping thats why the column was bypassed

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
The diagram above shows the entire horn circuit. Here is the column connector diagram. You might need to trace the blue-yellow wire back toward the horn relay to find out if it's intact.

Attachments

• c-321.jpg
    c-321.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
mlaird

mlaird

Loc.
Houston,TX
found the blue/yellow wire in the column connector, it goes into the steering column, but i dont see it in the engine compartment. is this a bad thing? the only wire going to the horn seems to be a dark green one

thanks for the help viperwolf

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
The blue-yellow should go into the harness under the dash, out into the engine compartment on the passenger side and out to the horn relay near the starter solenoid. You should be able to see the ends of it at the column connector and the horn relay.

OP
OP
mlaird

mlaird

Loc.
Houston,TX
Ok viperwolf, found the blue/yellow on passenger side engine compartment and its hooked up. so its fine on that end and i see it going into steering column with all the rest of the wires. where should it connect inside the column? does it go all the way up to the horn pad? thanks for all the help. dont know what i would do without this site

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
It goes up to the copper button underneath the wheel. Once that wire is grounded it should activate the relay and blow the horn.

OP
OP
mlaird

mlaird

Loc.
Houston,TX
that BY wire hooks straight into the back of the copper button. for some reason i still cant get the horn to work thru the horn button though. The PO has the horn hooked up on the dash with a fuse box and a wire that hooks on to the ignition seitch and it works when you push the button on the dash, but wont work when i push the horn button

any ideas

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Does the horn relay click when you press the old horn button? I imagine the new button is wired to the horn itself now. You might have to search for the old green-yellow wire or run a new one over to the relay.