• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

where to buy a 2 bbl carb?

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Is there anyone on here who sells new or rebuilt 2 bbl carbs?

Or where do you guys buy yours? Local Advance, Autozone, etc? Or like Summit, Rock Auto ??

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, Holley has new 2 barrel carbs, 350 and 500 CFM. Otherwise, there are used, or rebuilt (still used). Good luck

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
As stated, any Motorcraft or Autolite you find is going to be a rebuilt unit. There are several carb rebuilders who would likely have one in stock. I use A&G Carburetors out of Chicago.

A brand new carb is going to be an aftermarket one like Holley or Edelbrock.

Hotrodjohn

You can actually buy a brand new 2150 copy on ebay for under 100.00 It looks like a clone to me. Ive never tried one but they seem to get good reviews.

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
I keep an eye out on Ebay for good cores. I have a list of original Bronco carb numbers that I keep an eye out for and try to find ones that still have the tag attached and look to be unmolested. I have a few decent cores laying around. I may be interested in parting with one.

DWALKER

Specialty carburetors in Atlanta Ga. they sell amazing rebuilt carburetors and may have a new one. I bought one and was really impressed

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
Holley has a new Sniper 2bbl.

hero17339.jpg

Replace the old 2bbl with fuel injection

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
There's a couple of folks on Ebay that sell rebuilt ones, I just sold one of them 8 of them I had laying around for years.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I'D SAY KEEP AN EYE ON OUR CLASSIFIED HERE. Our members here sell good ones after they put EFI ONTO THEIR Broncos.
Most of the time price seems OK & SINCE WE'RE SUCH A CLOSE KNIT GROUP. Most every one tells the truth. Since if it's nothing like advertised you can tell your store against his name. Then other members watch out for him fast.

OP
OP
ared77

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good tips here so far, I'll try to check out some of these sources and see what I can find.

jcasey12

I got one from Rock Auto....very satisfied and much less expensive than anything I could find locally.

OP
OP
ared77

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I appreciate it MonsterBilly, but I'd have to ship it from Az to Ky.

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
You can actually buy a brand new 2150 copy on ebay for under 100.00 It looks like a clone to me. Ive never tried one but they seem to get good reviews.

I tried one of the New "clone" 2150 carbs and it was awful. It looked nice but ran worse than my cracked original. I even took it apart and cleaned it out but could never get it to idle right. I ended up going to a 4bbl Holley but still wish I could have found a good original 2150.

metal1

Loc.
hidesert ,socal
cloned carbs

I had major issues with my worn out 2100 found a copy on amazon for under 50 $ had to try it ,it came with an electric choke and a little modifying made it fit my cable system ,it ran a little rich out of the box ,soldered up the main jets and re drilled them to a jet drill size of 64 ,down from 70 .it has been on my bronco for about 2 yrs now and not a hiccup or issue ,it gets an average 20 mpg if I keep my foot out of the gas and keep it under 70 on the road .my bronco is my DD with lots of offroad thrown in.maybe I got lucky don't know I don't know of any others that run one .;)

American180

Loc.
Mount Washington, Ky
I was going to PM you this weekend about the engine, transmission and other stuff I pulled out of mine. Rebuilding one isn't very hard, I'll PM you today and maybe I can help.