• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Where to buy a HP Dana

Joker11

Loc.
Yuma, Arizona
Ok guys.
I always seem to overpay for my parts.
I am going to ask first this time.

I looked on ebay and a HP 60 is anywhere from 800 to 2500 or so.

I am wondering if that is what you guys expect or is that high?

I only need the center section with good gears. I am not going to use the D60 outers and brakes. They are too big.
Plus I wasnt planning on going full width.

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
What are your plans for the axle? The beauty of the 60 is the strength of the axle shafts. You could always use a HP44 though they're obviously weaker

On your question, it depends on the year. 78-79 axles go anywhere from $1200-$1600 stock. 80's axles with king pins start around $800. The later model super duty ball joint/unit bearing 60's can be had for $500.

If you are doing the axle to use a 15" 5x5.5 wheel, that is possible with machine work and parts.

Here is a googled link to some info. Forgive me in referring to a Jeep website :)

www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/hpd60-options-1216015/#/forumsite/20623/topics/1216015

Last edited:
OP
OP
Joker11

Joker11

Loc.
Yuma, Arizona
Thanks guys.
Yeah I read the writeups.
I appreciate the replies!
I actually went to California yesterday and walked the trucks section in a junkyard. I didn't find any. Hard to believe.