• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Where to buy charcoal canister vent lines

flaconinja

Loc.
Newport News
So I'm hooking up my charcoal canister back up and I need the paper and aluminum vent lines. I can't seem to find them anywhere. I check advanced auto, auto zone, ford dealership, and lowes.

Anybody have an idea where I might be able to get something that'd work?

Thinking of just running some rubber hose up from the canister. I would guess it doesn't matter what I use but I'm not sure.

Thanks
Ryan

bteutsch

I'm not 100% sure, I found what you are looking for at my local ABC auto parts store. The only problem was they only sold it in 2ft lengths. Not on a roll. If you find any leads I need some too..

backpain

Bronco Guru
Anything acceptable for fuel will work. Anything acceptable for crank case evac/PCV systems will also work (i.e. all intended to carry fuel or combustion byproduct gases).. . . which leaves you a bunch of "rubber hose" choices at the autoparts store. If you can't get it by the roll, on-line shops will have it.

Vacuum hose will also, but may not be the straight and narrow "right" way to go.

Last edited:
OP
OP
flaconinja

flaconinja

Loc.
Newport News
Thanks guys, I guess most people are ripping this stuff out not trying to put it back in. I'm probably going to do the rubber hose thing, like you said if it can take fuel a little vapor shouldn't be a problem.

Stroppe-Envy-77

Bronco Guru