• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Where to buy inner C's for Dana 44 ?

Whoaa

Bronco Guru
I've been looking and looking on the interweb. Crane seems to be one mfg, are there other inner C's available somewhere else?

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
Dana still makes the D44 and has recently rolled out a crate axle program. I wonder if one of their dealers could get them for you from the factory.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Do you know something is wrong with yours already? Or are you hoping to upgrade to stronger ones?
Just wondering. I know you're planning to rotate them for more caster and just wanted to mention that you do not necessarily destroy the old ones getting them off.
If you're even remotely careful when grinding/cutting the old weld off, your originals won't even get stressed. They're lightly pressed (sometimes a little tighter) on to the ends of the tubes, then welded in place. Cutting the weld only will let you rotate your existing ones on the tubes.
Most report a little whacking with a hammer gets them started, while some few have to muscle them a bit more.

You may already have known all that, but I was making sure.

Paul

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
Migs chimed in on your other thread about the pinion angle. He has turned his. Drop him a PM about doing this. His work is top notch.

OP
OP
Whoaa

Whoaa

Bronco Guru
Migs chimed in on your other thread about the pinion angle. He has turned his. Drop him a PM about doing this. His work is top notch.

Ty Sled...

Big shout out to Migs, ty! He has been very generous w/ his time and explained everything in detail to me via PM.