• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Where to find a broken rear axle shaft???

mustangmarty

Bronco Guru
Where would a person look to find a broken rear axle shaft? 76-86 Bronco, or 74-86 F150 would work I believe. Not sure if other years bronco or f150 have the same hub dimensions. Anybody on here got one cluttering up their garage they wanna get rid of?

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... What are you needing I think I have an axle that came out of a bent housing. It's from a 1986 or so ford 1/2 ton. I pulled the chunk from it.
.. Are you needing the flange with the studs sticking out of it. Some thing to bolt a wheel to.

OP
OP
M

mustangmarty

Bronco Guru
Yes, that is exactly what I'm looking for. The hub/flange part that the wheel bolts to with the shaft cut off the back of it. But only if it's a bad shaft already. I hate cutting up good parts.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
If you are doing a spare tire carrier, use your left over drum brake spindle and hub. For one it spins, and if you ever need it you have a spare set of pre-packed wheel bearings with you.