• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Where to get Classic looking rims like these??

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Hey guys
I am looking to get a set of rims like these for my truck, but can't find them anywhere.

If anyone knows what they are, or if anyone makes anything close to these let me know

Thanks

Last edited:

Bronco Wild

Loc.
Nubraska
BlackHorse said:
http://www.americanracing.com/wheels/wheels.asp?currentPage=1&section=S

No direct matches here but a whole lot a sweet wheels. The ones you want look like Baja Bronco wheels.

The "Moabs" look like those as a reissue of sorts...pretty cool. I've always liked those old wheels...maybe someone on ebay has some...the Moab's are sweet but they only show 17's...which depending on what you'll be doing, would look cool too with the right tire combo...let us know what you decide ;)

gddyap

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mtn View, CA
The closest I can think of is the Mickey Thompson Challenger wheel. It was discontinued awhile ago so you'll have to find them used. I think the slot mag style wheel is the best looking wheel on an EB. You may also be able to find some Stroppe slot mags. Some Stroppes came with them I believe.

Gil
GDDYAP

OP
OP
DonsBolt

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Looks like American racing has re released these wheels, but not for our bolt pattern. If I had a chevy bolt pattern they have a set in 15x8

I sugest we all call American racing a bitch

800-959-1969
Ansen® Sprint (Series A69)
1-piece painted / machined alloy

mA69.jpg

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Ha! That's wierd seeing my bronco in a thread.
I obviously like slotted mags too!
Here's a topless photo

Attachments

• 74EBmine!!!.jpg
    74EBmine!!!.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 225
OP
OP
DonsBolt

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Mark Troy said:
Ha! That's wierd seeing my bronco in a thread.
I obviously like slotted mags too!
Here's a topless photo

hehe
your lucky I don't live close to you. You better get locking lug nuts

by the way what wheels are those???????????????????????????????

66roadhorse

Loc.
Houston
Terry at AKH Wheels has some, but they are not cheap. Drop him a line and see what you can find. I contacted him about one for a spare before I decided to do 17" wheels. I sold my set on ebay for $500 a while back. Check ebay and watch swap meets, they will turn up. I bought mine for $70 at a swap meet.

NoAZ68

Loc.
Northern AZ
I also really like the slot style mag. I have a set of Mickey Thompson Challengers that I looked long and hard for. I like those because they still retain the classic look yet are forged. I would post pics, but I have yet to become a contributor. Keep your eye out for the original mags, though, as there are good deals to be had. I got rid of 3 for $20 to a fellow eb'r...

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
:cool: :cool: :cool: The wheels go back some I got them on mine they were put on in about 73/74 They have been around a long time. Good luck finding what you are looking for. %) %) %) Bill :cool: %) :p

DownhillManiac99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orange County CA
I looked for a pair of Indy Mags for a long time but I gave up. Get some AR-23 series and call it a day. ;D

Then when you find a nice pair of slots, let me know about them.

67ster

Bronco Guru
US Wheel used to make an aluminum copy of the American mag. Check with some of your truck dismantlers or swap meets .

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
You have good taste. In my opinion they are right for a classic like a EB. I looked long and hard for a set of slotted mags for a couple of years till some came my way. What once was very common are very hard to find now in a size to fit a ford. Like was said AKH Wheels deals in refurbed used sets (polished,machined,trued) for around $700 a set. (Terrys not giving them away :'( ) All-in-all not too bad when you consider the cost of a new modern set that dosent have a classic look.........not like outlaw ll's or AR xx that everyone seems to be running now. The deal with AKH is the wheels are guarenteed to be true and are polished. Other than that good luck trying to find a set in a 8.5 or 10". 7" can be had around but the 8.5" is the ticket.

Attachments

• Img_0206.jpg
    Img_0206.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
DonsBolt said:
If anyone knows what they are, or if anyone makes anything close to these let me know

Thanks

Called slotted mags
some of the co that made them...
U.S Indy (what you would see on a Stroppe/8.5") jackpot if you can find a set.
Western
Cragar
Ansen

also as was said Micky thompson had "Challengers" up till 2 years ago that were kinda close but they were chrome looking instead of the alum grey look. Which brings me to the classic finish. These rims dont have a clear coat like new alum rims have now. So as a mantinance thing they must be kept waxed and cared for to keep a polished look. These rims will oxidize a dull gray over time. Most wheels I have seen are like this and need to be polished which takes time (1/2 hr or so) to do it right if your doing it by hand.

What size are you looking for Don?

Last edited:
OP
OP
DonsBolt

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
66roadhorse said:
Terry at AKH Wheels has some, but they are not cheap. Drop him a line and see what you can find. I contacted him about one for a spare before I decided to do 17" wheels. I sold my set on ebay for $500 a while back. Check ebay and watch swap meets, they will turn up. I bought mine for $70 at a swap meet.

you rock man

Tery has a set, he is e-mailing me some pics, and I found one rim on e bay which I am bidding on. I wish Terry's were cheeper, but I will try to talk him down. I guess thats the Jew in me, hehe

I searched on e bay but couldn't find anything, now that I know to search for Ansen or US Indy some showed up.