• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Where to get Classic looking rims like these??

Tom Dummer

Loc.
Scappoose, Or
I have a set of those laying "over there". I think they are about an 8" or so wide rim, I'd have to check. the edges are well used, but I like the ol chrome spokes and am not going to use the mags any more. BTW< i'm driving to California in August.

OP
OP
DonsBolt

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Tom Dummer said:
I have a set of those laying "over there". I think they are about an 8" or so wide rim, I'd have to check. the edges are well used, but I like the ol chrome spokes and am not going to use the mags any more. BTW< i'm driving to California in August.

Well if I haven't found a set by August I will let you know.

Again thanks for everyones help.

If anyone else has a set or knows of a good place to find them, feel free to let me know.

Louie

Bronco Guru
There's a matching set of 5 in the parts classifieds right now ;)

Attachments

• slotted mags.JPG
    slotted mags.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 78

broncow72

Village Idiot
Loc.
Spring,TX.
coachbarnes said:
I must be slow, because I don't see them.

These wheels look terrific on EB's...wish I could keep these!
I was affraid you would see this thread..... Why can't you keep them?

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
there was a guy on this board, I forget his name,, I bought a bunch of stufff from him he had a set that came on his Stroupe(SP) he lives in Federal Way. God I remember how to get to his house, But don't have his phone number.
His mom wanted to take it all to the dump, and he was offering the wheels for $120, I love the looks of them , and was going to buy them but I have broken aluminum wheels before and prefer steel.

HEY KID WITH THE STROUPE IN FEDERAL WAY BY LAKOTA JUNIOR HIGH! WHERE ARE YOU ?

coachbarnes

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
broncow72 said:
If you wanna keep them for your 74, I would understand.
No dude -- they're too wide since I'm not cut -- I'd like to find some 7 inch wides, same style -- they're YOURS amigo!! I can't wait to see that beast on the road!! and these wheels will look way cool on it.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
I got a set! 10" wide....

Attachments

• DSC00469.JPG
    DSC00469.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 43

Louie

Bronco Guru
coachbarnes said:
I must be slow, because I don't see them.

These wheels look terrific on EB's...wish I could keep these!

They're there. I just moved 'em up ttt.

gityup68

Loc.
Western Mass
I think that I have them Don

I had a set of progressive wheels on my 68 when I found it. Took them off as I could not find a 5th one and replaced them. Have them in the garage. Send me an e-mail and I will forward you the photos of them, I think they are what your looking for.

70 sport WA

Contributor
Jeepster said:
Called slotted mags
some of the co that made them...
U.S Indy (what you would see on a Stroppe/8.5") jackpot if you can find a set.
Western
Cragar
Ansen

I've got a set of Western's on mine. Came with the truck (don't know where they were purchased.) Here are a couple pics:

Attachments

• Bronco.JPG
    Bronco.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 38
  • bronco no top.jpg
    bronco no top.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 29

Broncorm

Loc.
Perkinsville, VT
Something about those Mickey Thompson Challenger that fit a bronco. I called summit a couple years ago to get a set. They had two in stock and where going to get the other two about two weeks later they called and said Mickey Thompson discontinued them. Then would not pay for shipping the other two back because it was there problem that Mickey Thompson stoped making them.

BDAZSVT

Those were the only wheels I wanted for my Bronco I found a set of 15x8 and bought them for $15. Still need to put them on for that matter I need to do alot of work on it since I havent drove it in 7yrs!?