• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Where to get those cool little hood scoops for the rear corner air inlets on EB hoods

Jeff B

Loc.
Wilmington, NC
I've seen one or two early Broncos that had some really cool little hood scoops in the corners of the hoods where the little square air inlets are located. I just purchased a new fiberglass hood and want to put a set on my hood. Anyone know where I can buy these or have ANY information on these? Thanks for any help.

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
Monkey, I beleive you are looking for Waverous' hood.

some people like to turn them backwards like cowl intakes, but his are forwards. The ones below are the 'euro mini' and he cut them out himself to make them functional.

YAY SEARCH FUNCTION! :cool:

Hood:
attachment.php

Close Up of the scoop:
attachment.php

U

Unregistered

Thanks for the info guys. Didn't see anything in the search. I'll check out JC Whitney and see what I can find.

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
It was JC Witney but they were actually for something else I think other than a bronco hood, cant rember what.. ?:?
All fails email the pics to JC they should know.

If you do find out let us all know. ;D

I was thinking of turning mine backwards but hell I dont drive mine in the rain More worried about gobbling up bees and hornets ;)

OP
OP
Jeff B

Jeff B

Loc.
Wilmington, NC
Looked for quite some time on JCWhitney site and could not locate them anywhere. Anyone want to take a guess at the dimensions of those little hood scoops? I may start looking elsewhere if I can't get them from JCW.

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
mtkawboy said:
Must be nice in a heavy rain on the interstate. They do look good though
No problems with water as of yet - the vent boxes have drains in them for all the rain they naturally collect while pointed directly up to the sky on the older style hoods ;)

OP
OP
Jeff B

Jeff B

Loc.
Wilmington, NC
WAVEROUS,

Where in JCWhitney did you find those little hood scoops? I've been looking and looking and I can't find them! Do you remember how much they cost?

I really would appreciate some help on this one.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Actually, due to the strange areodynamics of a bronco, the cowl facing scoops work better then the forward facing scoops.
Ever look at the water drops blowing forward on the hood after driving in the rain?

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Aloha Braddah Mick!

Nope,

Da Pine needles find a way into everything (your undies if you aren't careful!).

Beware conifers! They likes to gum-up our engine bays!!!!

Aloha!

Bill (Dakine Primate!)

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
Not sure if these are it or not. Will have to measure the vent to see what will cover.

Style (N) Super Mini Euro Style ABS Plastic Hood Scoop, 12-1/4"W x 1-7/8"H x 16-1/2"L Each ZX213458B $44.95

Style (N) Super Mini Euro Style ABS Plastic Hood Scoop, 8"W x 1-1/2"H x 10"L Each ZX812812Y $19.95

Style (N) Super Mini Euro Style ABS Plastic Hood Scoop, 9-1/2"W x 2"H x 13-1/2"L Each ZX213455Y $29.95

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/.../storeId-10101/p-2595/c-10101/catalogId-10101

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
THis is the link to the page that I used to order the scoops from - I believe it is the same link Bolt Buster found

Attachments

• im001304.jpg
    im001304.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 77
  • dsc036022.jpg
    dsc036022.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 67
  • broncogarage2.jpg
    broncogarage2.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 80
OP
OP
Jeff B

Jeff B

Loc.
Wilmington, NC
WAVEROUS and BOLTBUSTER, thanks for all your help. Looks like it is part # ZX812812V (8"Wx1 1/2"H x 10"L). I did see those on the site but I didn't think they were that big. At least I can order them now.

WAVEROUS, they didn't come cut out already? What did you use to cut them out?

Thanks again.

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
Jeff B said:
WAVEROUS, they didn't come cut out already? What did you use to cut them out?

Thanks again.

PATIENCE primarily ;) along with an exacto and a file. I had to drill 4 small holes in the corners to have a starting place to cut

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
Waveverous Thanks for mail, Do you find the vents gobble up things?

I wonder what side exhasut vents would look like..hmmmm ;D

Last edited: