• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Which Bolts for Crank Pully

jhunte17

Loc.
Franklin, TN
I have a 1974 stock Bronco with original 302. It has been apart for several years and moved at least 4 times since being apart. With that said, nuts and bolts are no longer organized. I'm cleaning up engine pullies and have come to realize I'm unsure which bolts are used for the crank pulley. I took fairly detailed pictures of the engine but neglected to get a straight on shot of the crank pulley before removing. I think I have found the three bolts but they seem possibly too long.

Can anyone help me out with a picture or description/lengths?

Thanks

72Sport

Bronco Guru
The stock crank pulley bolts have 6 notches in the heads and are recessed in the center of the head. They are an inch long. Most of the pulleys I have removed use no washers of any type under the heads. Lock washers tend to dig deep grooves in the pulleys around the bolt holes.

Attachments

• IMG_0926.JPG
    IMG_0926.JPG
    186.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0927.JPG
    IMG_0927.JPG
    189.7 KB · Views: 2