• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Which gear brand? percision, yukon, genuine???

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
scottmcwms said:
I have 3.50's in both of my axles right now. I need to change to something else, probably a 4.10 or 4.56. I haven't decided yet. Is it difficult to change out gears? I guess I'm a little scared to do it myself as I have never done it before. I was trying to research an installation procedure online somewhere and I really couldn't find much. I can handle most mechanical jobs, but I know how important it is to properly match and setup gears. I also need to change the gears in my daily driver pickup. I need something more friendly for towing my trailer. Any suggestions?

Scott
Randy's R&P has a pretty good set of instructions on this page:
http://ringpinion.com/content/technicalhelp/default.asp?pid=69
Choose the Yukon Installation Instructions link to download a pdf file with a general set of instructions that pretty much cover any gear change.

BUCKETOBOLTS

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Salisbury, NC
Tell you what, call Randy's and get a quote, then call Mike to compare. You'll be suprised. Another thing to throw in the ring is the install kits. Every Yukon kit I've seen has quality timken bearings, a good assortment of shims, the correct nuts and bolts, and crush sleaves.

but worth it in the long run. after all, nascar uses them dont they?

In my 9" I bought a used "Motive" gear from the #25 Bucsh team. Low mileage, only 3-400 miles :p . Actually it was a great looking set. The ring and pinion had been deburred, polished, and cryo-hardened. Talk about a smooth and easy set up. I should have taken a pic before I installed them, they sure are pretty. ;)

bandit

Loc.
Afton
Those prices are good,but I thimk I'm gonna get everything from Complete Offroad,thier prices are almost as good,I've been ripped off on E-bay before,and there is no service.I need D-44 4.56 gears,ARB,Pump,axles?,u-joints...is any one running super type joints,and have it locked in for long distances?

BANDIT

OP
OP
Cavalry

Cavalry

Loc.
I HATE UPSTATE NY
bandit said:
Those prices are good,but I thimk I'm gonna get everything from Complete Offroad,thier prices are almost as good,I've been ripped off on E-bay before,and there is no service.I need D-44 4.56 gears,ARB,Pump,axles?,u-joints...is any one running super type joints,and have it locked in for long distances?

BANDIT

I believe that is complete offroads ebay account

House

Contributor
Minutia Militia
Yep.
Bronco Mike
Complete Offroad Mike
COR Mike
CORE Mike
All the same Mike!
:)