• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Which power steer gear box I need?

Duck$$$

I have a 74 and need a power steering gear box. I have the core from mine. I do not have a lift but run 35's with cut fenders. Can I go back with a stock box ? Looks level with everthing so thinking I can go back with stock. What would you get and where ? Thanks

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
The stock box is ok if you don't put a lot of stress on it. Big tires, front locker, extreme rockcrawling all put stress on the box and frame. With just 35's and moderate use you'll be fine.

DuneBuster

Loc.
Canton
Steer box rebuild

My 74 steering box was worn out. I shipped it to west texas for a rebuild. Got the rebuild back, and it's ran great.

OP
OP
D

Duck$$$

Thanks. When I google W Texas Offroad I get a bumper and truck acc. store. Is this it ?

stlo

Bronco Guru
Loc.
tulsa
price wise i think there all pretty close.....i had PSC do one and i just had WestTexasoffraod (redneck ram) and they both run great...i have to say though i was pretty impressed with west texas on there customer service...couldnt have asked for any better