• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Which soft top will fit? pics inside...

Bronco351

Hi i'm new to the forum. I have a 68' bronco with a 351w in it. It has what i think is the "family roll cage". I currently do not have a top for it. I'd like to get a soft top for it...can someone tell me what soft top will fit with this cage? I believe it had an stc soft top at one point? but i did not receive a top when i bought the truck and i think stc is out of business? any information will be helpful... i didn't build the truck so its hard for me to figure out what parts i'm suppose to buy!http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y14/shutZERO/bronco/bronco_zps2bd2c9bd.jpg

Hank_

Bronco Guru
You should be able to fit any soft top with that cage with no problem. That is a great looking bronco you have there. It would look nice with the white soft top that Tom's bronco parts sells or the black bestop that Wild Horses sells.

Henry

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Welcome and congrats the new bronco! That color has white soft top written all over it, IMO of course:)

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Welcome and good looking Bronco you got there. Agree with the others, a white top would look sweet. Take a look at the BC Broncos top. A little pricey, but worth it in my opinion. Keep sharing those pictures.:cool::cool:

OP
OP
Bronco351

Bronco351

thanks for all the input! I'm thinking of going with the white rampage soft top. Anyone used these before?

Glad there are plenty of bronco owners out there and active!

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
thanks for all the input! I'm thinking of going with the white rampage soft top. Anyone used these before?

Glad there are plenty of bronco owners out there and active!

Oh yes, you've come to the best site on the web for Bronco support and advice. Don't be afraid to ask for help or advice. Theirs always some on here that can help you out.:cool:

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru

Oh..my..goodness. That looks almost EXACTLY like my '69 did back in the late 90s. Same exact paint..roughly same lift...same hood bubble. Beautiful!!

That does look like an STC or Kayline clip on the windshield; I have an older white Kayline soft top on my '69 still. The newer generation tops are a lot better, IMO, when it comes to the details, especially those involving sealing around the edges and doors etc.

OP
OP
Bronco351

Bronco351

Oh..my..goodness. That looks almost EXACTLY like my '69 did back in the late 90s. Same exact paint..roughly same lift...same hood bubble. Beautiful!!

That does look like an STC or Kayline clip on the windshield; I have an older white Kayline soft top on my '69 still. The newer generation tops are a lot better, IMO, when it comes to the details, especially those involving sealing around the edges and doors etc.

Thank you! it looks nice but needs a ton of stuff unfortunately... and its hard because i've never owned a bronco and im still busy trying to figure out exactly what whoever built this truck did!... luckily i found this site and everyone seems to be extremely knowledgable!

Derekryan84

Loc.
Henderson, Tx
Good looking rig! BC broncos is what I would go with but about twice as high as the rampage and toms bronco top. But I like how it looks more like the hard top than a jeep soft top. You can get it in white too.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
looks awesome! how was the fit?
Thanks,
The fit is great. I hear complaints from others about the Rampage fitting a bit loose on the corners, but over time and some exposure to the sun, it seems to shrink a bit. Mine fits very well and decent on the highway when the windows are up. Certainly a lot quieter than my hard top. Now, if only I could find some Parchment soft doors.%)

Mark