• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Which step looks best?

Which stp looks better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bronko69er

EB Addict
Loc.
Renton, WA
I need for fab some steps to aid the vertically challenged in their attempts to mount my bronco. They will be bolted (so they can be removed on the trail) to my rocker tanks. Which do you think look best? Or any other shape suggestions?

Attachments

• Step.jpg
    Step.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 43
  • Step2.jpg
    Step2.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
You are building these for yourself, aren't you? ;D

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Stirrup shaped on Bronco?? Fitting when you think about it, but a little hokie IMHO.%)

OP
OP
bronko69er

bronko69er

EB Addict
Loc.
Renton, WA
I really like MAD's setup but cant come up with a quick release method without welding something on the racker tank that will get hung up on things. Cant drill holes in it either. So I'll just weld nuts on the side and bolt whatever step to them.

72Sport

Bronco Guru
I like this type for outdoor use. The only problem they are very difficult to bolt on.;D

Attachments

• IMG_0400.JPG
    IMG_0400.JPG
    245.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Sbolt19

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Colorado Springs
How about getting some chain. Get about 18" of chain, weld 6" worth of the links in the middle together and leave the rest lose. Bolt the ends to the where ever you want and they are both steps and flexible for trail riding. they can be pushed out of the way by obsticales because the tops aren't rigid.

got-broncos

Bronco Guru
This is what you want!

I bought these a year ago. I havent mounted them yet,but soon. They are classic cowboy stirrups. They have a mounting plate. They have a quick release. You dont have to look like a redneck all the time. Just snap them in when your in a redneck mood. I think they belong on a lifted bronco. And yes, there is some redneck in me! They look to be trail friendly.

Attachments

• IMG_0187.JPG
    IMG_0187.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0188.JPG
    IMG_0188.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 17

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
make em grow longer legs, thats why my wife don't ride with me;D well part of it anyway%)

OP
OP
bronko69er

bronko69er

EB Addict
Loc.
Renton, WA
How about getting some chain. Get about 18" of chain, weld 6" worth of the links in the middle together and leave the rest lose. Bolt the ends to the where ever you want and they are both steps and flexible for trail riding. they can be pushed out of the way by obsticales because the tops aren't rigid.

Thats actually a pretty neat idea....
I could just picture a big root going right throught the loop though.

OP
OP
bronko69er

bronko69er

EB Addict
Loc.
Renton, WA
I say go without. You don't need any fat chicks trying to get into your Bronco anyway.

Ive seen stickers that say something to that effect.

".........fat chicks cant jump"

Not really ANY chicks getting in the bronco lately, gotta work on that! :cry:
Want a ride? ;)

4x4babygirl

Bronco Goddess
Loc.
Tanasi
Ive seen stickers that say something to that effect.

".........fat chicks cant jump"

Not really ANY chicks getting in the bronco lately, gotta work on that! :cry:
Want a ride? ;)

Sure, but I don't need any steps. And you might wanna be careful. I'll prolly wanna drive and not just ride.