• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

While front end is torn down...

Ict57

Replaced front springs, shocks, c-bushings and radius bushings this weekend in preparation for the next job.

Planning to upgrade front brakes m/c bearings (toms kit), ball joints, u-joints, brake lines & hoses.

While front end is torn down, any suggestions?

OP
OP
I

Ict57

Already d44. Still a c4 trans at present, not ready to regear or add locker until I finalize plans. Runs fine as is, at least, for now.

Eventually it'll come apart again but wanted to get all the normal maintenance stuff while torn apart this time so next will be easier.

I tend to have problems with scope creep. A brake job can easily end up with body-off restore. While this truck isn't perfect it's drivable and a hell of a lot of fun as is, just want to get it safe(r) and driving properly.

GOPSU

Loc.
State College
I just did this about a month ago. Started with calipers/pads and ended up pulling axles and putting in seals, axle u joints, cut rotors, inner and outer wheel bearings, upper and lower ball joints, brake hoses, front brake lines, lockouts. Oh yeah, and steam cleaning and painting knuckles, dust shield, new hardware etc. Can't for the life of me figure out why my recently surgically repaired rotator cuff is still sore...