• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

white smoe from tail pipe and white froth on oil dipstick

sweetone

Loc.
illinois
i need help
i just got an oil change 2 days ago and i just went to check the oil and i noiticed a bit of white froth on the dip stick what is this from.

also i have a lot of white smoke at start up till worm up and then seems to dissaper till i go and drive it and its smokes worse then a mosquito fogger.whats causing this .can some one help me please

ive changed pugs, wires and distriburter also flushed and cleaned raideater

i do have a slight spark knock when shifting but i believe thats from bad gas setting in it whitch makes it smoke even more

crab

Bronco Guru
When you pull your dipstick out is it all frothy creamy looking?

OP
OP
S

sweetone

Loc.
illinois
the first time i checked it, it was just at the top by the handle and the second time it was at the tip of the stick..also i noticed oil is coming out of the the dip stick

Mr Joe

Bronco Guru
You are getting water/antifreeze into the crankcase and combustion chamber. The most likely cause is a head gasket....

craigaria

Loc.
Monroe, GA
head gasket

Definately a head gasket or cracked head. I had a supercharged mustang and I had to swao the head gaskets many many times because of the same prob. I was popping head gaskets from running too much boost. There is coolant ports next to the combustion chamber on the head, and if the gasket blows, coolant gets in the oil. There is a possibility that it could be a cracked head, but not nearly as likely. Easiest thing to do is pull the heads and when you take the gaskets off, you will be able to see where they were blown... If they are blown, feel pro makes a good gasket that has wire around the combustion chamber. I believe the part # is a 1022.

craigaria

Loc.
Monroe, GA
head gasket

Might want to check the part # on that head gasket. It may not be correct. My motor then was bored 30 over. Check with fel-pro though, good gaskets. You'll need new intake , exhaust, and valve cover gaskets. I saw it on summit racing $78 for the whole kit with all the gaskets. Trick flow makes it. It has the fel pro head gaskets.

Last edited:

BUCKETOBOLTS

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Salisbury, NC
I'm with the rest of the guy's, classic tale-tale head gasket. I wouldn't run the engine anymore than you have too. The mains don't like water.

OP
OP
S

sweetone

Loc.
illinois
ooops acouple of other problems poped up this morning,,
when it started it sounds like the lifter is tapping and then after running a bit i found an oil leak in an odd place it coming from my tail pipe wher it connects to the cat.. any suggestins oh the oil on the stic is clear but stiil a bit of froth on tip but the oil on ground is chocklet brown but dose not have a smel to it

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
Bronco ll huh? In addition to the cracked head/head gasket I would also check the coolent to see if it has oil mixed with it.

OP
OP
S

sweetone

Loc.
illinois
ya sorry its a 86 bronco 2 5sp 4x4

just check the fluid again and its still clear. i just added antifreeze yesterday and its still the same colar and the warter level is the same also.

braxton357

Loc.
morganton NC
Drain your oil, you'll be able to clearly see if there's glycol in it... Sounds like your'e in need of a rebuild by this point though.