• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Who has the best suspension lift- Don’t want to SAG in rear

70Canada

Loc.
Canada
Hello! Just been wanting to complete a suspension lift of 3.5” and after reading some articles, forums... I really don’t want any sag in the rear. I run soft top 100% of the time. Or no top at all so same same. I wasn’t to sit level or even a very subtle positive take. Is it best to just buy an additional 1” block to install in the case it says or even starts off at a negative ? Looking for personal experiences / feedback !? Thank you guys

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Spring needs vary depending on what you gonna do in the bronco. I'm happy with my bc springs for crawling around off road and feel good driving around town. Another factor is location. Springs are heavy to ship.

bronco loco

It never ends
Loc.
Long Island New York
I bought front WH 2.5 coils and 3.5 rear leaves. I removed the smaller leaf because I need a shim for the 3.5 leaves.

Attachments

• DSC_0214.jpg
    DSC_0214.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC_0215.jpg
    DSC_0215.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 94

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Also let the vendor know about winches, bumpers, tire carriers or any large amounts of weight you will be carrying in the front or rear.

OP
OP
70Canada

70Canada

Loc.
Canada
Thanks for the quick response and sorry for the lack of grammar as i was typing on my phone earlier. wow... was that bad.

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
nature of the beast....leaf spring is a leaf spring. Now lets talk about if you should shim the rear axle less than neccesary and just deal with a minor vibration till it sags out.

When you say SAG do you mean sag or do you mean soften up? My JBG 5.5" leafs took years and years to soften up.....but i wouldnt say they have saged much.....although i started with 10deg shims and now run 8deg....so it must a saged something.

OP
OP
70Canada

70Canada

Loc.
Canada
one thing i noticed bronco loco was the wheel weights. Don't take any offence.. but how come they shop just didn't use sticky weights on the inside of the rim?. That'll clean that right up!

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
what im saying is to just buy the lift you want and deal with issues as they arise. Dont plan too much for the future. It will take a few years to sag anything youll notice...if ever. What youll notice is how it softens up.

Or just let some air out of the front tires

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
When I first bought my BC springs they rode really really high. After many discussions with BC I went out and drove them around offroad getting things flexed out. Came back home and they had settled down considerably. 10-12 years later I am due for new ones as these have sagged a good bit, with a full size spare and soft top....

The ride has always been good, on and offroad.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Hello! Just been wanting to complete a suspension lift of 3.5” and after reading some articles, forums... I really don’t want any sag in the rear. I run soft top 100% of the time. Or no top at all so same same. I wasn’t to sit level or even a very subtle positive take. Is it best to just buy an additional 1” block to install in the case it says or even starts off at a negative ? Looking for personal experiences / feedback !? Thank you guys

I have the JBG 3.5" Superflex springs & coils and it looks perfectly level to me.

....now if I could just figure out the Bronco lean %):D

Attachments

• 51CA272C-9F95-4F25-A89A-9FB458099EF4.jpg
    51CA272C-9F95-4F25-A89A-9FB458099EF4.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 33
OP
OP
70Canada

70Canada

Loc.
Canada
oh geez. really? it seams that most find the culprit to be the cbushings, so how many things have you torn apart and put back together to try and remedy it?

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
My Bronco lean is in the left rear so C bushings shouldn’t be a factor. As for remedies I’ve not done much more than take lots of measurements, and it seems I always come to the conclusion that it’s not that bad ;);D

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
1strodeo, great looking rig there! About the suspension question, I think if you go with the vendor that is closest to you and has a good reputation, you'll be fine. Now after having said that, I went with WH and couldn't be happier. Living in the middle of the country I pretty much had my choice of the litter. ;)