• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Who has the Last 1977 Bronco

70s chopper

Loc.
iowa
okay, i'll give it a try. i spoke with a ford guy on my sport last summer. he said with my factory fender flares as well as the " highway" gas cap doors he thought it was toward the end of the production line. i guess you can let me know since i'm not very computer savy. thanks #U15GL004600

OP
OP
clarrance

clarrance

Bronco Guru
70s chopper said:
okay, i'll give it a try. i spoke with a ford guy on my sport last summer. he said with my factory fender flares as well as the " highway" gas cap doors he thought it was toward the end of the production line. i guess you can let me know since i'm not very computer savy. thanks #U15GL004600

Yours is a early 1977 probably made in late 1976. Never heard of factory fender flares, all flares are aftermarket and someone has to cut the rear fenders or sometimes the front to install them. All 77's have hidden gas caps under the gas filler doors. I have never heard them called highway doors.

rednck21

my 77 is U15GLO32348. not sure what the other 77 is, ill have to check..

can anyone tell me anything about that vin??

twisted_mr

Loc.
Calion, AR
Blue71 said:
You should have a letter there in the fifth spot after the "G", where the number "1" is in your VIN. Let us know, but it still looks like there is an "O" where a "Z" should be if you were gonna win:)

Blue71

I'm reading off a proof of insurance. bet it should be U15GLO25804 based on how everyone elses numbers look but, I'll double check it tomorrow. Thanks, Terry

BroncoMarc

Loc.
BroncOhio
Blue71 said:
We are looking for the '77 Bronco that is closest to Z20,000. If you click on the 1977 at the bottom Broncohio doesn't have info for the '77's. so we are going by Jeff's Bronco Graveyard . Jeff's book has it near the back page of his catalog. Let us know if that helps.

I got all the VIN info from the factory shop manuals that people sent me.. I don't think I ever got a 77 shop book Does anyone have this info? If you send it to me I'll add it to the BroncOhio decoder.

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
What's with all the '77s in the classifieds right now :eek: ...DANG!!!

Mine is a late '76, so I know I don't win. %)

OP
OP
clarrance

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Looks like FISH1 has the latest 1977 so far

U15GLZ00703 Fish1
U15GLZ00194 Broncology

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
I know it's not the last one made. Mine was made in May '77
But just in case someone is keeping track
my '77 vin is:
U15GLY70684

OakleyBronco

Loc.
Cedar Grove
Submitting 77 shop manual info

I found a 77 truck shop manual about a month ago and scanned the relevant pages. The original scans were about 1mb in size each so I resized the images as small as I could without losing the info on them, so here goes.

Page3.jpg

page11.jpg

page12.jpg

page13.jpg

page14.jpg

page15.jpg

page17.jpg

page20.jpg