• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Who is running WH 3 inch coils - question

Miker

Bronco Guru
Hey, I have WH 3 inch coils up front with the F-250 shock tower mod done and I have a new set of Duff's shocks in there. However, my front end is still way to bouncy. If I push down on my front bumper I get quite a bit of movement without too much effort at all.
1. Have any of you experienced this? If so, what did you to change this squishy feel?
2. If you changed out shocks what did you go with?
AND
3. If you never had the bounciness with the WH 3 inchers, what set up you running?
Thanks.

thirdtime

Contributor
Call your cousin, we had the same problem with one of his. Ended up putting Bilstiens on to fix the problem. It just needed a stiffer shock.

WorkerBee

Loc.
Northern CA
I recently installed those coils. Ran my old shocks for awhile but when I changed to the rancho 9000 shocks it made a world of difference. I liked the fact that they were adjustable and have since settled on setting 3 (pretty soft). I've ran Bilstein's on other trucks before and had great luck with those too.

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
Too soft???? Don't sound like a problem to me. You should be able to bounce the front end with little effort. The rear end is a different story im sure%)

My bronco drives best with two front shocks and no rear shocks

Justin@WH4x4

Sponsor/Vendor
I'm running our WH 3-1/2" Coils and F-250 towers and I've been very pleased with the ride. My Bronco is my daily driver, so it needs to perform well on road, as well as when I take it rock crawling. It rides like a "Cadi" now and flexes like crazy, compared to the old coils I was running. As mentioned earlier, a Rancho RS9000 would perform very well, and allow you to adjust the ride to your preference. The Bilsteins seem to be a favorite amongst our Bronco Brothers as well. I personally run the RS9000's, and have them set to 3. It works out well for me.