• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Who makes the best C4 trans. pan??

thesnake

Bronco Guru
B&M's I've heard is decent. I don't know first hand.<br><br>snake

74bronc

Bronco Guru
[quote author=rusty truck link=board=5;threadid=12424;start=0#92518 date=1040223397]<br>Ford You want the dimpled pan with the extended pick-up<br>[/quote]<br><br>Although I don't have it yet, TCI makes a nice deep aluminum C4 pan that has a pan-fill adaptor. Total cost shipped from summitracing is about $120 (last time i looked)<br><br>I looked at the B&M pan, but it was about 50 bucks more, didn't look any better and I couldn't find a pan-fill version for my EB C4. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist, but I am not too impressed with B&M equipment anyway.

OP
OP
rednck21

rednck21

i went to atlanta today to pick up some parts from Year One for my dads chevelle and i had them check on some pans for me. they carried TCI and the steel one was $25 and the extra capacity alum. one was $109. is this the one yall are talking about??

74bronc

Bronco Guru
[quote author=rednck21 link=board=5;threadid=12424;start=0#92812 date=1040274561]<br>i went to atlanta today to pick up some parts from Year One for my dads chevelle and i had them check on some pans for me. they carried TCI and the steel one was $25 and the extra capacity alum. one was $109. is this the one yall are talking about??<br>[/quote]<br><br>I think that's it. You will have to look into the pan-fill adaptor too if you have a stock EB C4. Go to www.tci.com to get the part #.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
Art Carr makes a very nice alum deep pan. holds a couple of extra quarts. i machined a spot in mine for the trans temp sender to thread into. <br>very pleased with the part.

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
I bought one of the best C-4's on the planet ( Dynamic's Mighty Mite ) and it came with a stock Ford pan. I think Harold told me it would be the cooler that makes the difference not the pan. They use those C-4's in many 8 and 9 second cars behind small blocks and big blocks up to 500 inch. I had over 100 nine second passes on my car before I sold it and never had a tranny problem.

c2computer

Loc.
Castle Rock, CO
I got a B&M deep pan from Summit, not bad I think around 100 with shipping. It holds 2 more quarts and has not leaked yet. Aluminum and with the extra capacity it helps keep the temp down a little. Everything helps.

74bronc

Bronco Guru
[quote author=c2computer link=board=5;threadid=12424;start=0#93999 date=1040753615]<br>I got a B&M deep pan from Summit, not bad I think around 100 with shipping. It holds 2 more quarts and has not leaked yet. Aluminum and with the extra capacity it helps keep the temp down a little. Everything helps.<br>[/quote]<br><br>C2, I was wondering how you installed the B&M pan if you have the pan-fill dipstick tube. I am interested in adding an aluminum pan but couldn't find a way to add the case fill (like the stock EB C4) provision. Does B&M make a kit that I am just not finding or do you have a case fill C4? Or did you just mod it yourself and make it work? <br>Thanks<br>

BwoncoHowie

C-4 Wizard
Ok, here it is...<br><br>http://www.drivenautoparts.com<br>They specialize in Bronco parts.<br>toll free 888-269-3969<br><br>They have one advertised on the backside of issue 2 of Bronco Driver magazine. It is finned aluminum and comes with a dipstick and tube. <br><br>Also helps to support Bronco Driver Magazine and its advertisers too. ;)<br><br>BH

OP
OP
rednck21

rednck21

i bought the B&M alum. one the other day for $122. installed it yesterday and it went on very smoothly. the only thing is the pan fill location is a little farther back than stock and i cant get the filler tube to screw in because its hitting the exhaust. didnt have to time to bend it but no big deal ;D

66horse

Bronco Guru
[quote author=BwoncoHowie link=board=5;threadid=12424;start=0#94070 date=1040777310]<br>Ok, here it is...<br><br>http://www.drivenautoparts.com<br>They specialize in Bronco parts.<br>toll free 888-269-3969<br><br>They have one advertised on the backside of issue 2 of Bronco Driver magazine. It is finned aluminum and comes with a dipstick and tube. <br><br>Also helps to support Bronco Driver Magazine and its advertisers too. ;)<br><br>BH<br>[/quote]<br><br>I would at least give these guys a call. It is a pretty cool pan with a nice dipstick and these guys are bronco guys. I have talked to them on the phone before and they seem pretty cool. I asked guys about them once on here and got a pretty positive response. At least check it out.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
[quote author=66horse link=board=5;threadid=12424;start=15#94275 date=1040878183]<br>[quote author=BwoncoHowie link=board=5;threadid=12424;start=0#94070 date=1040777310]<br>Ok, here it is...<br><br>http://www.drivenautoparts.com<br>They specialize in Bronco parts.<br>toll free 888-269-3969<br><br>They have one advertised on the backside of issue 2 of Bronco Driver magazine. It is finned aluminum and comes with a dipstick and tube. <br>BH<br>[/quote]<br><br>I would at least give these guys a call. It is a pretty cool pan with a nice dipstick and these guys are bronco guys. I have talked to them on the phone before and they seem pretty cool. I asked guys about them once on here and got a pretty positive response. <br>[/quote]<br><br>That's a pretty nice setup. I've looked at it a few times when I've been there. All us AZ guys love our friends at Driven Auto Parts-I'll be there spending $$ again tomorrow as a matter of fact. You can't do any better than to deal with them.<br><br>Todd Z.

Dusty

Bronco Guru
I'm using the TCI deep aluminum pan. I welded in an aluminum bung for the temp gauge sender and used the TCI pan fill conversion kit. Dipstick fits fine, no exhaust interference with the Wild Horses/JBA shorties.<br><br>Dusty